Are you looking for a new way to prepare chicken breasts? Copycat Cheesecake Factory Romano Chicken is the perfect recipe! It has a crispy crusted cheese coating on the outside and the chicken is tender and moist on the inside. You are going to love this easy chicken recipe.
Crusted Chicken Romano
At the Cheesecake Factory, not only do they make some of the best cheesecake around, you can even go there for dinner or lunch. One of my favorite dishes is the Romano Chicken – I absolutely love it!
The pasta isn’t overcooked or gummy like at so many other places. And, the real star here is the crusted chicken romano.
Instead of the usual diced breasts, Cheesecake Factory wows you with a thin Romano cheese crispy shell that adds some crunch to your enjoyment.
Why this Chicken Romano Recipe is the Best
So, we were happy to discover this copycat Cheesecake Factory Romano Chicken recipe developed by Megan K. Devolve. She suggests you serve this crusted chicken romano Cheesecake Factory dish with spaghetti sauce, but she thinks that it is really sinful with alfredo sauce.
This has been one of CopyKat’s highest-rated recipes because it isn’t difficult to make and it tastes very, very good.
This will be hands down one of your favorite meals. Your family will clean their plates and ask for seconds every time. And, it will be requested for any special occasion like a birthday or Valentine’s Day. If you make this dish, I sure hope you’ll come back and let me know how it turned out and what you thought of it.
Ingredients for Chicken Romano
This crispy chicken breast recipe is perfect for when you have a few ingredients in your pantry. This recipe is so diverse you can pair it with any sauce you enjoy. For this recipe, you will need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- Finely grated Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken Romano
- Whisk egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Pound out chicken breasts until they are ½-inch thick.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in the egg wash.
- Dredge the chicken in Romano to coat it with the cheese.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet with some oil until it is golden brown and done.
Romano Chicken Recipe Variations
- For a gluten-free dish, substitute almond flour for all-purpose flour.
- Add some prosciutto slices and/or some mushrooms.
- Turn it into a salad – fresh greens, prosciutto, crusty chicken, and buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Use center-cut pork chops in place of chicken. Don’t pound, but remove all fat.
- Make it with herbs and lemon slices.
- Coat your chicken with crushed cornflakes.
- Serve it up in a wine sauce.
More Copycat Cheesecake Factory Recipes
More irresistible chicken recipes you have to try!
- Easy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Bourbon Chicken like Food Court
- Low Carb Chicken Divan
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Hunan Style Chicken
- Leftover Chicken Casserole Recipes
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Poppyseed Chicken
Don’t miss these reader’s favorites!
You can get more copycat restaurant recipes just like the Cheesecake Factory recipes here at Copykat.com.
Cheesecake Factory Romano Chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Pound out chicken breasts to, at most, ½-inch thick.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat the chicken with the seasoned flour.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg wash.
- Dredge the chicken in grated Romano to coat it with the cheese.
- Place the chicken in a frying pan with oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown on both sides and done (internal temperature is 165°F).