Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets can be made in your own kitchen! How do they taste? They taste very close to the original nuggets and even closer on a Sunday!
Do you love Chick Fil A chicken nuggets? Don’t live near a Chick Fil A? Want Chick Fil A on a Sunday? With this copycat chicken nugget recipe you are in business.
Chick Fil A uses Peanut Oil
Peanut oil is excellent for deep frying. Not everyone can enjoy peanut oil. When you prepare this recipe at home you are free to use different oils like vegetable oil, or canola oil. This way people with a peanut allergy can enjoy this amazing chicken.
Does Chick Fil A use pickle juice to marinate the chicken?
Maybe they did at one time. While I have never worked at a Chick Fil A, I don’t believe this is true. I know someone will comment below that they do use pickle juice.
The folks at Lifehacker recently wrote a long piece on this, and they felt the recipe contains MSG. If you look on Chick Fil A’s website, their ingredients simply say seasoned to perfection. Seasonings do not legally have to be shared.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Chicken breasts – boneless and skinless
- McCormick seasoned salt
- Bouillon cubes
- All-purpose flour
- Saltine crackers, crushed fine
- Powdered sugar
- Peanut oil for frying
How to Make Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets at Home
I am inclined to believe that they do marinate the chicken as well, my solution for this is marinating the chicken in chicken bouillon and a touch of seasoned salt will do the trick of amplifying the flavor of the chicken.
After the chicken soaks up the extra flavor we will bread the chicken with finely crushed cracker crumbs. The cracker crumbs are cooked crisp before they are turned into breading, and I think this gives the nuggets a great flavor.
Cooking the Chicken Nuggets
For me, I like to cook these in a deep fryer, the restaurant uses a pressure fryer, there are no pressure fryers readily available a price point most households will buy.
So I like to make sure my nuggets are cooked where I can readily measure the temperature of the oil. I prefer to cook the nuggets at 350 degrees. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 150 degrees before consuming it.
Sauces to Serve with Chicken Nuggets
The possibilities are unlimited. You can serve chicken nuggets with a variety of sauces.
- Barbecue Sauce
- Chick Fil A Sauces
- Red Robin Campfire Sauce
- Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce
- Hot Mustard Sauce
- Zesty Sauce
- Jan Sauce
- TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Sauce
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
More Chicken Fil A Copycat Recipes
- Chick fil A Mac and Cheese
- Chick Fil A Sandwich Recipe
- Chick Fil A Frozen Lemonade
- Chick Fil A Frosted Coffee
Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (Boneless, Skinless, Cubed)
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups saltine cracker crumbs crushed very fine
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Seasonal or seasoned salt
- peanut oil for frying
- Place cool water in a bowl add 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Seasonal, and dissolve bouillon cubes in mixture. Place cubed chicken in water, mix, cover, and place in refrigerator for 12 hours or next day.
Cooking the chicken nuggets
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a deep fryer, or a large pot. If you are using a large pot, add enough oil so the oil is 4 inches deep.
- Pour off excess marinade, and discard marinade, it can not be used again.
- Prepare the coating by mixing together the flour, cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and paprika. Set the battered chicken nuggets on a wire rack. Let the chicken nuggets rest for a couple of minutes before frying. The coating will stay on better if the coating dries a bit.
- Fry the nuggets a few at a time until they are golden brown. Remove from oil, and drain on a clean wire rack.