Furr’s Millionaire Pie is a delightful light pie, light in the texture, and bright flavors of the topics. Furr’s millionaire pie is a creamy pie that is sweet and bursting with flavors of the tropics. Recipe adapted from Fort Star Telegram.
Furr’s Pineapple Millionaire Pie
Furr’s cafeteria makes many tasty dishes, don’t miss out on other copy cat recipes, that taste just like they came from the restaurant.
Furr’s Cafeteria Pineapple Millionaire Pie
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs see not
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 baked 9-inch pastry pie crusts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream 2 cups powdered sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggs, salt, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread mixture evenly into baked pie crusts. Chill.
- Whip cream until stiff. Blend in powdered sugar. Fold in pineapple and pecans.
- Spread mixture on top of filling and chill thoroughly.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- If you concerned about using raw eggs, please use imitation eggs such as eggbeaters, or eggs that have been pasteurized, either work well. Pasteurized eggs are very safe for people who may have compromised immune systems.
- You can substitute the pie crust for a graham cracker crust if you prefer that type of crust.
- This recipe was adapted from a recipe in the Fort Star-Telegram.