Cherry-O Cheese Pie is the dish you want to prepare when you want a cheesecake, but you don’t want to have actually to bake one.
This recipe is one my Mom made many times when we were growing up. Now, personally when she put canned blueberry pie topping on this, well I was in heaven. I loved blueberries more than anything I as a child, I think this mostly had to do with the fact, blueberries are often purple.
What’s so great about this Cherry O Cheese Pie? Well if you are someone that is learning to cook, this is the perfect recipe for you. It isn’t difficult to make, and you can use pre-packaged graham cracker pie shell. This is also good because if you want to make a dessert for someone, you can leave the whole pie there, and not take any of it home! It is a sneaky thing I do, bringing a dessert in a dish that I don’t need to see again. Finally, this just tastes good, really good.
Cherry O Cheese Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell or a 9-inch crumb crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounces Sweetened and Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 20 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar r - this goes into the pie filling mixture
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in milk until thoroughly blend. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Turn into crust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. For the cherry topping, get a can of cherry pie filling, and place it in a medium sized saucepan. Add cornstarch to water, stir well, and mix cornstarch and water into the pie filling. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar into the pie filling. Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens a bit. When cooled spoon over the cheese pie. Be sure to store this cheesecake in the refrigerator.So there you have it, another recipe for cream cheese. So far we have had it as an appetizer, main dish, dessert, and even how to make cream cheese from scratch.