Cherry-O Cheese Pie is the dish you want to prepare when you want cheesecake, but you don’t want to have actually to bake one.
Are you looking for the perfect no-bake cheesecake? This recipe for cream cheese Cherry-O-Cheese pie, is the perfect recipe for you. This recipe is so easy to make.
Ingredients for Cherry O Cheese Pie
Who doesn’t love it when a recipe is made with easy to find ingredients and is easy to prepare. This recipe certainly fits this bill. This recipe is made with a pie shell, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and lemon juice. If you want to save some additional time you could use a pre-made graham cracker pie shell. It’s completely up to you.
How to make this no-bake cheesecake
Recipes really don’t get easier than this. This recipe is made in a few basic steps. You need to bake the pie shell and allow it to cool if you are using a traditional crust. Then you need to make the filling pour it into the pie shell.
After you have made the cheesecake filling you will need to make the cherry pie topping. You will cook the pie filling over the stovetop with some additional corn starch to help thicken it up. It must cool a bit before you place it on top the of creamy cheesecake layer.
Once the pie filling is cooled you will gently pour it over the cheesecake topping.
Why the Cherry-O-Cheese Pie is one of the best desserts ever!
What’s so great about this Cherry O Cheese Pie? Well if you are someone that is learning to cook, this is the perfect recipe for you. It isn’t difficult to make, and you can use pre-packaged graham cracker pie shell. This is also good because if you want to make a dessert for someone, you can leave the whole pie there, and not take any of it home! It is a sneaky thing I do, bringing a dessert in a dish that I don’t need to see again. Finally, this just tastes good, really good.
Do you love cheesecake? Try these cheesecake recipes.
Cherry O Cheese Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell or a 9-inch crumb crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounces Sweetened and Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 20 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar r - this goes into the pie filling mixture
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in milk until thoroughly blend. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Turn into crust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- For the cherry topping, get a can of cherry pie filling, and place it in a medium-sized saucepan. Add cornstarch to water, stir well, and mix cornstarch and water into the pie filling.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sugar into the pie filling. Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens a bit. When cooled spoon over the cheese pie. Be sure to store this cheesecake in the refrigerator.
- This cheesecake will set up in a few hours. Store the pie in the refrigerator when it is not being served.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Don't want to use a baked pie shell? You can use a graham cracker pie shell.
- Love blueberries? Make this recipe with blueberry pie filling instead of cherry pie filling.