Sopapilla Cheesecake combines the taste of sopapillas and cheesecake, the flavors of cinnamon and sugar, cheesecake, wrapped in a flakey pastry makes for a delicious dessert. I first tried this sopapilla cheesecake dessert at a pot luck dinner. This is so easy to put together, you combine Pillsbury Crescent rolls, and a cheesecake filling, and top with a delightful cinnamon and sugar topping. I brought this sopapilla cheesecake to a party, and it was a hit.
Sopapilla Cheesecake is the perfect dessert
Are you looking for the perfect dessert to bring to a pot luck or a party? This is the dessert for you. Do you like cheesecake? This recipe combines the best of cheesecake and a wonderful south of the border sweet flavor. I have never brought this treat to a party and come home with anything left in the dish. Even if you aren’t a seasoned baker, you can put together this scrumptious dessert quickly, and everyone will be asking you for your recipe.
An easy cheesecake to make!
Who doesn’t love an easy recipe? Do you find cheesecakes intimidating? They can crack, they can involve elaborate steps in making sure all ingredients are at room temperature before you begin, and some people think you need to age them a day or two before you eat them. Sopapilla cheesecake is a non-fussy recipe, that you can put together in no time at all.
What you will need
This recipe has easy to find ingredients. You will need to cans of Pillsbury Crescent rolls, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. So you can see this has all of the flavors of cheesecake, but you don’t have to worry about finding exotic ingredients.
How to make a sopapilla cheesecake
Wonder how it easy it to make this cheesecake? It’s easy. You are going to unroll two cans of crescent rolls, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and flavorings, and spoon that onto a layer of the crescent rolls. You will then top with another layer of crescent rolls, and top that with cinnamon and sugar. It doesn’t get easier than this to make a delicious dessert.
Love cheesecakes? Try these cheesecake recipes.
I hope you give this recipe a try, I have brought this dessert to several potlucks and bunco parties, and the dish has always come back empty!
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla (Mexican vanilla, if you have it)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (orange juice will also work nicely)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (orange zest will also work nicely)
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with 1 can of rolls. The dough can be stretched a bit to cover the bottom of the dish if you roll it out with a rolling pin the pre-cut lines will disappear.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Spread this over the layer of crescent rolls in the baking dish. Spread the remaining can of crescent rolls over the cream cheese layer.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl, mix to combine. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the top layer of crescent rolls and then drizzle all with melted butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. If you really want to send this dessert over the edge, you may want to serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.