I love this easy lemon bars recipe. Around the office where I work, we all love when someone brings in lemon bars. They are gone shortly after they are set out. I promise these are easy to make from scratch.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Classic Lemon Bars Dessert
If you have never tried lemon bars before they are a creamy, sweet, and tart dessert. I love them. While they may seem mysterious they are not difficult to make at all. In fact, I think that if people knew how easy they were to make, you would see many more served up everywhere.
Lemon bars have a few simple ingredients in them. You will need white granulated sugar, lemon juice, flour, butter, eggs, a bit of vanilla, and salt.
I personally will juice my lemons just before making this, but if you only have bottled lemon juice on hand, it will work ok. Bottled lemon juice isn’t my preference, but when I have been juicing lemons and come up short I have found the bottled juice to be helpful.
I urge you to use butter for this lemon bar recipe, I think butter really helps to bring a rich depth of flavor that you will fall in love with. You may also want to garnish your lemon bars with a heavy sprinkling of powdered sugar. The powdered sugar makes them look pretty.
How to Store Lemon Bars
I like to keep my lemon bars in the refrigerator after they have cooled. They are a little delicate. So be sure to keep yours in the refrigerator if you happen to have any leftover after your initial serving.
I find that they will stay fresh in for about 3 to 4 days, but you know, they will never last that long.
How to Easily Juice Lemons
I really like to use an Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer to juice lemons. The squeezer gets more juice out of a lemon than other methods.
I think this tool is easier to use than the old-style juices where you push down the fruit over a knob. I have been using one of these juicers for a long time.
Love lemons? Try these recipes
- Lemon Italian Cream Cake
- Passion Fruit Lemonade Tea Starbucks
- Lemonade Milkshake
- Red Robin Purple Lemonade
- Old Fashioned Homemade Lemonade
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon Lush Dessert
- Chicken Limone
- Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
- Fried Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
Tasty Dessert Bars
Easy Lemon Bars
- 8 ounces butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together 1/2 pound of butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 2 cups of flour. When the mixture is crumbly press into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Press dough out evenly so that it has a uniform height throughout the pan. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, and remove from the oven.
- In a bowl, mix together 6 eggs, 3 cups granulated sugar, 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup flour, vanilla, and salt. Mix until the filling is uniform in texture, and pour over the cooked shortbread cookie crust. Bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Allow this to cool to room temperature before dusting with powdered sugar. Be sure to refrigerate these cookies when not being served.