Lemon Lush is an easy three-layer lemon dessert that will have you wondering why you haven’t made one of these before.
Lemon Lush is a cool and refreshing dessert. This chilled lemon dessert is a light dessert that is perfect for spring, summer, or heck, any time of year. The three-layer dessert is made of a shortbread crust, that has a lemon flavored middle, that is topped with a sweet cream cheese layer. It is hard to resist this lemon delight!
Cool and Refreshing Lemon Dessert
Are you looking for a cool and refreshing dessert? This creamy cool dessert recipe is so easy to make. The shortbread layer can be baked in a matter of minutes. The lemon layer is made with boxed pudding mix, you are going to love the fluffy cream cheese layer. If you want to be extra fancy you can top the whole dessert with some sliced strawberries, or even some lemon zest.
Love lemon desserts? Try some of these recipes
How to modify this recipe.
If lemon isn’t your favorite flavor you can change the flavor of this recipe. Simply substitute the lemon for the flavor you prefer. You could make this with chocolate pudding, caramel pudding, or even butterscotch pudding. Changing the flavor is up to you.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup chopped Nuts
- 1 cup Flour
The lemon layer
- 2 packages instant pudding mix 4 serving size, your choice of flavor
- 3 cup Milk
Creamy top layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Mix together melted butter, chopped nuts, and flour. Spread into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool the crust for 20 minutes before pouring the pudding on top.
- Mix together puddings and milk. Beat until it starts to thicken. Pour this over the cooled nut crust.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip, and spread over the lemon pudding.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- You can try other flavors by substituting the lemon pudding for the flavor of your choice.
- Be sure to store dessert in the refrigerator!
- You can garnish this with strawberries, blackberries, lemon zest to make it extra fancy!!