Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake is a tasty cake. We tried several versions of the Cracker Barrel Coca Cola cake to get this one just right. You can make a delicious copycat version of the Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can recreate the Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake at home with this easy copycat recipe. This recipe is made from scratch.
You will be amazed at just how moist this recipe is. It is an incredibly moist chocolate cake. This recipe has Coca-Cola in the cake batter. This cake also contains buttermilk, baking soda, and lots of dark cocoa. You can use regular cocoa, but you may want to try dark cocoa like this King Author Double Dark Cocoa.
You may want to use the frosting for other chocolate cakes and cupcakes. This frosting is super easy to make. If you like, you could add about 1 1/2 cups of pecans to this recipe.
I know you are bound to fall in love with this just as much as my family has. This cake is great for birthday parties, potlucks, and holiday celebrations.
Love Cracker Barrel desserts? Try these copycat recipes:
- Cracker Barrel Pumpkin Custard & Ginger Snaps
- Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding
- Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 1 ounce baking chocolate 1 square
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place in a saucepan butter, coke, semi-sweet baking square and bring to a boil remove from heat and add marshmallows and stir until all is blended and the marshmallows are disappear. Set aside to cool enough to tepid or room temperature.
- In mixing bowl blend the shortening, oil, vanilla, and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and buttermilk and beat until smooth. In another bowl mix flour with baking soda, cocoa, baking powder and salt, add half of the flour mixture to shortening, egg mixture, and beat. Scrape bowl time to time to clean the sides off so ingredients are blended in the batter. Add cooled coca-cola mixture and beat. Add remainder of flour and beat until completely smooth about 3 - 4 minutes. The batter will be thick. Place batter into a 13" x 9" x " 2 greased and floured baking pan. Set pan on top shelf in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Check for completed baking time with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean by sticking in the middle of the cake its time to come out of the oven and cool.
- Frosting In a bowl cream together margarine, cocoa, confectioners' sugar. Slowly add the 6 tablespoons of cream or milk. Add in vanilla. Frost warm cake. Serve with natural vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy.