Scandinavian Almond Cake is a flavorful and easy cake to make. You can put this recipe together in no time, and I love this cake, it requires no frosting, it is perfect just out of the oven.
I have to confess, this recipe isn’t mine, it isn’t mine by any stretch of the imagination. This recipe comes from the company cookbook that my workplace put out about 10 years ago. One of the ladies in the office would bring in this amazing cake every now and then. I literally asked for this recipe multiple times. It was always known as the perfect cake, one of my co-workers would bring it in, and it would disappear before lunch.
One of my co-workers was kind enough to take a photo of the company cookbook for me. I brought this cake to my neighborhood Bunco group and it disappeared there. You know what I really love about this cake is that you can make it from scratch, and it is super easy to make. You can pop this out of the oven, and it is ready to serve.
This makes a dense flavor-packed cake. It really doesn’t need anything additional, for me, that makes this Scandinavian Almond cake perfect. My biggest tip is to let the cake cool completely before you try to remove it from the pan. The cake is very moist, and it can break if you remove it too soon.
Love Scratch baking? Check out these recipes
Scandinavian Almond Cake
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 ounces butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Generously spray a bundt pan with cooking spray or use vegetable shortening that dusted with flour.
- In a bowl beat the sugar and eggs together. Mix in flour, baking powder, milk, and almond extract. Add melted butter and mix well. Pour into bundt pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Edges should be golden brown when you remove this from the oven. Allow the cake to cool completely before you remove it from the pan.
- This makes a very moist cake, and it takes awhile before the cake will release out of the pan. You may want sprinkle powdered sugar on top or even serve this with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.