Classic Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake is very easy to make and it tastes wonderful. You really just dump the ingredients in the pan. I like to have canned cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, and nuts just for this alone.
If you can turn on the oven and use a can opener, you can make this cake. Dump cake gets its name from the fact that all you need to do it to dump your ingredients into the cake pan and bake it. Yes, cake making can be this easy.
Just because this recipe is so easy a child could make it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t taste good, this recipe always gets rave reviews when I make this. In fact, I typically keep all of the ingredients on hand, so I can toss together this easy cake.
Ingredients for Dump Cake
- Cherry pie filling
- Canned pineapple
- yellow cake mix
How to Make a Basic Dump Cake
It doesn’t get easier than this to prepare a cake!
- Preheat your oven.
- Dump a can of cherry pie filling into a 13 x 9-inch pan
- Dump a can of pineapple on top of the cherry pie filling
- Sprinkle 1 box of yellow cake mix over the pineapple
- Pour melted butter on tp of everything
- Add nuts if desired
Love easy cake recipes? Be sure to check out these easy dessert recipes
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Pistachio Cake
- Apple Sauce Cake
- Best Ever Peach Dump Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- 15.25 ounces Yellow Cake Mix 1 box
- 20 ounces Cherry Pie Filling
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple can
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans you can use walnuts
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 9" x 13" cake pan. Place cherry pie filling on bottom, dump pineapple and juice on top. Sprinkle cake mix over pineapple. Do not mix!!! Melt butter and drizzle over cake mix. Cover with pecans. Bake at 325 degrees, for about 1 hour.