Frosted Pineapple Cookies is the new cookie recipe I tried this year for a food blogger cookie exchange. These buttery cookies are made with canned pineapple and remind me of all of the good things you expect fruit cake to be.
Growing up, it wasn’t Christmas until some lady in my family made some Hello Dolly cookies, the Chex mix was made with new wheat Chex, the peanut butter balls were dipped, and warm pecan sandies were coming out of the oven. So for me, the holidays are marked by those recipes. It was hard to resist the urge not to pull from one of those and to try something new.
These cookies are buttery and sweet. They are almost tropical. I felt brave after watching a few of JoleneSugarbker’s channel on Youtube where she is baking up many fruity cookies. So I braved it and tried and adapted a new recipe. I swapped the shortening for butter, and add a few extras in the frosting. So here you go, frosted pineapple cookies.
Susan from Mercerandsage.com who made some wonderful frosted lemon slice cookies.
Laura from Ahealthyjalapeno.com who made some wonderful date pinwheel cookies.
Fatima from Magnolia75thebakinglounge.com who made some oh so chocolatey double checker cookies.
Links to all of those goodies to be posted soon.
Frosted Pineapple Cookies
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain pineapple reserving 3 tablespoons of juice. In a mixing bowl cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pineapple, and vanilla. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients together. Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Grease cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Drop cookies by cookie scoop onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. These cookies will spread. Bake for 17 - 20 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting combine confectioners' sugar, lemon zest, and about 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cooked cookies.