White chocolate cranberry pecan cookies are perfect when you want to serve a cookie that has the right amount of sweetness, and just a touch of tartness from the dried cranberries.
Every year I can I like to participate in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap. The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap is an organized cookie swap where you get to exchange cookies with other food bloggers.
This year my partners that shared cookies with me were Like Mother Like Daughter. They sent to me some wonderful Iced Gingersnap Cookies. Another one of my partners was The Balancing Mom. We must have been in synch as we did very similar cookies. She sent me some White Chocolate Chip Berry Macadamia Nut Cookies.
What I love about this cookie swap is that it makes me try cookies that aren’t in my comfort zone. My personal favorite cookies are Pecan Sandies and Hello Dolly cookies. I can’t go through a holiday season without these two types of cookies.
These white chocolate cranberry pecan cookies have the right amount of sweetness with the cookie. The white chocolate adds a creamy element, and the sweetened cranberries are wonderfully chewy. The pecans give you just the right amount of crunch.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Unsalted butter
- Dark brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Dried sweetened cranberries
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
How to Make White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add both of the sugars and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add cranberries, white chocolate chips, and pecans. Use a large spatula or spoon to stir them into the cookie dough.
- Drop cookies by a cookie scoop onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Space the cookies out about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
These cookies can be packed and mailed well. They are a hearty cookie, so they are perfect to mail and share.
I hope you give these cookies a try. They are super easy to make if you can make chocolate chip cookies you can make these cookies as well.
Love homemade cookies? Try these recipes!
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Almond Cookies
- Pineapple Cookies
- Easy Spritz Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookie
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Penn Station Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Gluten Free Monster cookies
- 101 Christmas Cookies
Best Christmas Treats
These treats are great for homemade holiday gifts:
White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- 8 ounces unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter until fluffy. Add both of the sugars until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, then vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well blended. Using a large spatula or spoon mix in the dried sweetened cranberries, white chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Drop cookies by a cookie scoop onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Space the cookies out about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.