White chocolate cranberry pecan cookies are perfect when you want to serve a cookie that has the right amount of sweetness, and just a touch of tartness from the dried cranberries.
Every year I can I like to participate in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap. The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap is an organized cookie swap where you get to exchange cookies with other food bloggers. This year my partners that shared cookies with me were Like Mother Like Daughter. They sent to me some wonderful iced Gingersnap Cookies. Another one of my partners was The Balancing Mom, we must have been in synch as we did very similar cookies. She sent me some White chocolate Chip Cranberry Macadamia Nut cookies.
What I love about this cookie swap is that it makes me try cookies that aren’t in my comfort zone. My personal favorite cookies are Pecan Sandies and Hello Dollies. I can’t go through a holiday season without these two types of cookies.
These white chocolate cranberry pecan cookies have the right amount of sweetness with the cookie; the white chocolate adds a creamy element, and the sweetened cranberries are wonderfully chewy. The pecans give you just the right amount of crunch.
These cookies can be packed and mailed well. They are a hearty cookie, so they are perfect to mail and share.
I hope you give these cookies a try. They are super easy to make if you can make chocolate chip cookies you can make these cookies as well.
Love Cookies? Check out all of these cookie recipes
White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- 8 ounces unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter until fluffy. Add both of the sugars until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, then vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well blended. Using a large spatula or spoon mix in the dried sweetened cranberries, white chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Drop cookies by a cookie scoop onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Space the cookies out about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.