Keebler Almond shortbread cookies are made by Keebler Elves. These Keebler almond shortbread cookies are buttery and filled with almond flavor and crunchy almonds. Keebler Almond Shortbread cookies are easy to make and taste better than any cookie you could go and buy in the store. When baked these Keebler Almond Shortbread Cookies are thick, dense cookies have a sandy texture that goes so well with a cup of coffee or even tea.
Keebler Almond Shortbread Cookies
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Powder Sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon Butter Buds (powdered butter flavoring)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Almonds
- Measure flour, cream of tarter and baking soda and set aside. Beat butter and both sugars together until fluffy. Add beaten egg, vanilla, almond extract, butter buds, and salt. Beat all ingredients until well blended. Add flour, cream of tarter and baking soda mixture about a third at a time and beat until smooth. Dough will come away from the mixing bowl and will look a little dry. When cookie doe is blended stir in almonds, a spoon works much better. Chill dough for 30 - 45 minutes. Chilling the dough will keep the cookies from spreading in the pan when baked. Roll cookie dough into 1 - 1 1/4 inch balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten ball until they are about 1/4 inch thick. Bake the cookies in a preheated at 350 degrees for about 12 -15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on paper towel to cool.