Enjoy Mrs. Field’s Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies, even more, when you make them from scratch.
Make the famous Mrs. Fields Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’ve always aspired to make Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies in your own kitchen, this recipe is just what you’ve been waiting for. And, as a bonus, this copykat Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie recipe will save you that trip to the mall! Actually, this is not the exact Mrs. Fields cookie recipe as found in the stores, but the one listed in Mrs. Fields’ book.
These cookies have just the right amount of chocolate in every bite. They have chewy edges, a wonderful softness in the middle, and strike the perfect balance of not being too thin or too thick. These cookies are baked in a 300ºF oven for about 18-22 minutes – low and slow creates the best chewy exterior and soft interior.
Tips for Making the Perfect Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The ingredient list for this Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie recipe includes both salted butter and salt. You need both to counteract the sweet dough and the chocolate chips. If you don’t happen to have salted butter on hand, bump up the amount of salt.
- You MUST chill the dough. If you bake with unchilled dough, your cookies will be thinner, flatter, and more prone to spreading.
- Once you add the dry ingredients, try not to overmix the dough. If you do, you will activate the gluten in the flour, and your cookies will turn out to be too chewy.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This gives the cookies time to set and firm up a bit.
Can I Add Other Mix-Ins to the chocolate chip cookie dough?
Yes, you can add pretty much add any mix-ins you’d like to this Mrs. Fields cookie recipe. If you don’t want to use regular chocolate chips, substitute white chocolate chips. And, if you like, add chopped nuts and/or dried fruit.
Love homemade chocolate cookies? Try these copykat homemade chocolate cookie recipes.
Enjoy more great easy cookie recipes.
Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
Nieman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies
Blue Cheese Walnut Savory Cookies
Black and White Cookies
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
Buffalo Chip Cookies
Mrs. Fields Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a wire whisk, mix well and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl combine the two sugars using medium speed. Add the butter and mix until you get a grainy looking paste - scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine at medium speed until just about blended in. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Add the flour mixture along with the chocolate chips and combine at low speed until just mixed. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack.