Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a very chocolatey cookie that is dairy-free. These cookies are pretty to look at and they taste even better than they look. You can prepare these cookies with great ease.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have been a favorite of mine this year. I have made so many batches of these cookies it is insane. I have to tell you never a cookie was left. These cookies are rich, full-flavored, and perfect for the chocolate lover in your home.
Crinkle cookies are like little round brownies. They are crispy on the outside and the inside is soft, tender, and chewy.
Powdered sugar on the outside gives these cookies their classic look and an extra touch of sweetness. The cookie dough balls flatten and spread while baking causing their crinkled appearance.
This is what you need to make the cookies:
- Cocoa Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Combine cocoa powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours (best overnight).
- Make dough balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
It is important to mix the batter then let it rest in the refrigerator. The dough must be fully chilled before you make the cookies. The cookies are even better if you have time to let them rest for 24 hours. The cookies become very chewy.
Love Cookies and bars? Try these recipes
- Hello Dolly Cookie Bars
- Chinese Sugar Cookies
- Toll House Cookie Pie
- Penn Station Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
- How to Dip Oreos in White Chocolate
- Copycat Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pecan Sandies Cookie Recipe
- Grandma’s Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars Recipe
Best Brownie Recipes
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine unsweetened cocoa and 2 cups of sugar. Add vegetable oil and 4 eggs to the cocoa mixture. Mix until the dough begins to blend. Add the vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until the dough is combined. Place dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before preparing cookies. Ideally, the dough should be refrigerated overnight.
- Take 2 teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball. Drop a ball of dough into the powdered sugar. Drop the cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookie to rest on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving to a baking rack. Store cookies in an air-tight container. Yields about 4 dozen.