Starbucks Eggnog Latte is one of the ways I mark the start of the holiday season. This creamy and sweet coffee concoction is my favorite item on their seasonal menu.
I have been on a quest to recreate delicious coffee drinks at home, and this is my second coffee drink.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Starbucks Eggnog Latte is a wonderful coffee drink for the holidays. It’s rich, creamy, and a great way to warm up on a cold winter day.
Best of all, a homemade eggnog latte is less expensive than getting one at the coffee shop. It’s an easy and great DIY and budget-friendly alternative.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Nutmeg, freshly grated recommended
- Whipped cream
If you want a sugar free version you can use sugar free eggnog to make this drink.
How to Make a Starbucks Eggnog Latte
- Prepare espresso or make very strong coffee.
- Heat together milk and eggnog for about a minute in the microwave.
- Froth heated milk mixture with a milk frother.
- Pour espresso into a coffee cup and top with milk and eggnog mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired.
Don’t have an espresso maker? Try these alternatives
When making coffee drinks at home such as this eggnog latte, you may not have an expensive espresso maker. There are a couple of ways you can make really strong coffee at home.
You can simply use 1 1/2 to 2 times the coffee you would normally use when making coffee.
If you have a home grinder, grind the coffee very fine. Espresso is typically ground very fine to let the coffee flavor really come through.
Use instant espresso. Espresso is slightly different than coffee as the water is steamed through the coffee, so it is a little stronger than traditional drip coffee. I recommend Medaglia D’Oro Instant Espresso Coffee, 2 Oz.
You may also want to consider using a Moka pot, a tool that Italians use to make espresso on the stovetop. These coffee pots are less than 30 dollars and make real Italian espresso. Bialetti Moka Express 3 Cup Espresso Maker 06799 is a great way to make espresso at home.
Love Starbucks? Try these recipes!
- Flat White
- Starbucks Mocha
- White Chocolate Mocha
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Maple Pecan Latte
- Butterscotch Latte
- Caramel Macchiato
- Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
Favorite Eggnog Recipes
Starbucks Eggnog Latte
- 3 ounces espresso or very strong coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- freshly ground nutmeg if desired
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Prepare espresso or make one very strong coffee.
- Heat together 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of eggnog for about 1 minute in the microwave. Froth mixture using a milk frother. The milk will froth up and almost double in size.
- If you don't have a frother, you can pour the heated milk and eggnog mixture into a blender for about 30 seconds.
- If you don't have a blender, you can put the heated milk and eggnog mixture in a jar or cocktail shaker and shake for about 1 minute.
- Pour espresso or coffee into a coffee cup, and top with 1/2 of the milk and eggnog.
- Top with whipped cream and grated eggnog if desired.