Make the Starbucks Caramel Macchiato at home. It is an easy espresso drink to prepare.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love grabbing a coffee from Starbucks when I am out running errands or need a quick pick me up. It’s a luxury to be able to stop at my favorite coffee shop. I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my favorite drinks. I try to change it up a bit but I always come back to the caramel macchiato. You can diy Starbucks Caramel Macchiato at home. Let’s get started.
Did you know it is easy to make your own fancy coffee house drink at home? When you make your own homemade caramel macchiato you never have to worry about the price of a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato. If you like you can buy the syrups and coffee at Starbucks so you are starting with the same ingredients.
The caramel macchiato has been a mainstay at Starbucks since it opened the first coffee shop in Seattle Washington in 1971. It has to be the caramel drizzled down the cup or on top of the whipped cream in the signature crosshatched Starbucks pattern that makes it just so delicious.
It is one drink that customers always request and is considered one of their most popular drinks. Macchiato literally means “stained milk” and you can see the beautiful color change while the espresso and steamed milk mix together. It is considered a layered drink, but I like to mix all the flavors together.
How to make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato at home
No Espresso? No Problem. If you don’t have a fancy espresso maker at home, you can simply brew coffee that is very strong. Or you may want to pick up one of these coffee pots at home. Italian’s make their espresso with one of these Bialetti Moka Express pots. They make amazing espresso for a great price.
Love Starbucks Food and Drinks? Try These Recipes
- Flat White Coffee Drink
- White Chocolate Mocha Coffee
- Starbucks Iced Chocolate Mocha
- Homemade Cafe Mocha
- Vanilla Cream Frappuccino
- Starbucks Raspberry Tea
- Homemade Starbucks Egg Bites
- Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwich
- Banana Walnut Bread
- Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Seeds
More Caramel Recipes
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1.5 ounces espresso
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce for drizzling
- Start by adding your caramel syrup to the bottom of a coffee mug. Drizzle your caramel sauce around the rim of the cup. Pour the hot espresso over the syrup and stir together. Add the milk and vanilla syrup and give another quick stir. Top with whipped cream (homemade whipped cream is my favorite!) and another quick drizzle of caramel sauce. And there you go! That’s all you need to make this coffee house caramel macchiato. The great thing about this recipe is once you buy the caramel sauce and vanilla syrup you can make dozens of this coffee at home. So stock up on those and make this delicious drink!