Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher is a great afternoon pick me up. This tea-based drink with berries is hard to beat.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the things that I enjoy about going to Starbucks is being able to check out all their new drinks. They seem to add new drinks and food items to their menu with each new season. During the winter months, you get a slew of new comforting beverages like the maple pecan latte and the white chocolate mocha.
When the summer rolls around the cooler drinks start to appear back in the lineup. Drinks like the passion fruit lemonade and the very berry hibiscus refresher become popular choices of patrons.
Although Starbucks is known for coffee, tea-based drinks are always a good pick. The very berry hibiscus refresher is a tea-based drink that also contains green coffee extract to give it an extra boost.
Very Berry Hibiscus Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need to make the drink at home:
- Green tea bag
- Hibiscus tea bag
- White grape juice
- Frozen berries
Green Coffee Extract
Green coffee is unroasted coffee beans and does not taste like traditional coffee. The extract is made by soaking arabica beans and extracting the caffeine during the process. According to Starbucks, a venti-sized drink contains between 60-85 mg of caffeine.
Since this drink combines an uncommon ingredient – green coffee extract – there are a few different ways to recreate it at home. The first way would be to purchase already made green coffee extract either in powder or pill form to use in the recipe. If you choose to do this then you would need to add a tablespoon of green coffee powder to a cup of water before adding it to your refresher. I did not use green coffee extract so you will not see it in the recipe below.
Instead of the green coffee extract, I used green and hibiscus tea to flavor my very berry hibiscus refresher. You can purchase both at most grocery stores although you may have to search a bit for the hibiscus tea.
How to Make Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher
- Make a simple syrup by combining equal parts of water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil it for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Place the green and hibiscus tea bags in two cups of hot water. Steep the tea for 5 minutes then remove the tea bags. Cool the tea to room temperature.
- Pour the tea, 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, and white grape juice into a pitcher or container. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into two tall glasses with frozen berries and ice.
Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Lemonade Refresher
Simply add some lemonade to the tea mixture before pouring it into the glasses. Add about half of a cup and taste it. Add more lemonade, a quarter of a cup at a time until it reaches your desired lemony flavor.
More Starbucks Drinks to Enjoy
- Passion Tea Lemonade Recipe
- How to Make Caffe Mocha
- How to Make Green Tea Frappucino
- Butterscotch Latte Starbucks
- Vanilla Bean Creme
- Egg Nog Latte
- Starbucks White Coffee
- How to Make Starbucks Iced Mocha
- How to Make a Caramel Frappuccino
- Snickerdoodle Starbucks Drink
More Summer Drink Recipes
Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Hibiscus Tea Ingredients
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or to taste
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- In a saucepan combine the water and sugar to create a simple syrup. Bring to a boil and although to boil for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
- Brew the green and hibiscus teas with two cups of water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.
- Pour the cooled teas, 2 tablespoons of cooled simple syrup, and white grape juice into a pitcher or similar container. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into two tall glasses. Add frozen berries and ice.