This creamy tropical pina colada smoothie is perfect for when you want to cool off and enjoy a refreshing tropical drink. This non-alcoholic drink is perfect for the young and the young at heart.
Who doesn’t want to cool off with a refreshing smoothie? This is made with frozen pineapple, coconut cream, ice, and yogurt. This is so easy you can make this cool and refreshing drink in about 60 seconds.
My version is a little healthier because they would start with a pina colada ice cream. Thanks to my blender and ice, I can recreate a texture that is just the same, without adding a lot of extra sugar and calories.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for the best pina colada smoothie
This recipe uses just 4 simple ingredients. These four ingredients make a delicious healthy pina colada smoothie. You will need:
- Frozen Pineapple – what’s so great about frozen pineapple, is that is always in season. Pineapple is frozen at the peak of ripeness, so it is always perfect to use.
- Cream of coconut – I love to use Coco Lopez – Real Cream of Coconut, you can buy it in a plastic squeeze bottle, so you can always have some on hand. Best of all you don’t have to open a can of cream of coconut and have some of it go to waste. This is sold where you will friend drink mixes in the store.
- Yogurt – I like to use a full-fat yogurt, you don’t have to, but I find the full-fat yogurt gives the smoothie a rich creamy texture.
- ice – ice is the backbone of any smoothie!
Can you mix alcohol into this smoothie?
While my recipe doesn’t contain any rum, I bet you could add a little rum and that would be tasty too. Personally, I would add about 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of dark or spiced rum to this if you wanted to make an adult smoothie!.
How to Make a Pina Colada Smoothie
Simply place pineapple, yogurt, coconut cream, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass. Garnish with pineapple if desired. Enjoy!
More Tasty Drink Recipes to Make
- Orange Julius Recipe
- Dairy Queen Strawberry Julius
- Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Bean Coolatta
- Swiss Miss Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Vanilla Mocha Starbucks
- Flat White at Starbucks
- Ocean Water Drink Recipe
- Sonic Limeade Recipe
- How to Make 2 Quarts of Sweet Tea
- Slow Cooker Wassail
More Summer Fruit Recipes to Make
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons creme de coconut
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree on high for 30 to 60 seconds. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.