Hamburger Green Bean Casserole is a favorite of so many of us. It is a comforting dish of ground beef, green beans, creamy mushroom soup, and those delicious French Fried Onion Rings in a can.
Ground Beef Green Bean Casserole – A Meaty Alternative
Do you love the classic green bean casserole that everyone serves at Thanksgiving? You will really love this hearty ground beef casserole version.
Simply cook a pound or more of hamburger meat and add it to the green beans and mushroom soup. You will have a scrumptious dinner everyone will love.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Ground Beef
- Green Beans
- Mushroom Soup
- French Fried Onions
How to Make Hamburger Green Bean Casserole
- Saute the ground beef and mushrooms until the beef is browned.
- Add green beans, mushroom soup, and half of the fried onions. Stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish.
- Top with the remaining fried onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Best Way to Reheat a Casserole
Sure, you can use a microwave, but the best way to heat a casserole all the way through is in the oven. Make sure your casserole is in an oven-proof dish and reheat it at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
Love green beans? Try these recipes!
- Butter Garlic Green Beans
- Best Steamed Green Beans
- Green Bean Bundles Recipe
- Herbed Green Beans
- Country Green Beans Recipe
Popular Casserole Recipes
- Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole recipe
- King Ranch Casserole
- Potluck Potato Casserole
- Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
- Leftover Ham and Potato Casserole
- Crab Casserole
- Easy Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- Taco Bake Casserole
This recipe is by Julia Owens. Kansas City, KS. 1971.
Hamburger Green Bean Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef seasoned
- 1 can onion rings
- 1 can green beans drain off liquid
- 1 2 ounce can mushrooms drain off liquid
- 1 can mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground meat in a skillet over medium heat. Season meat with salt and pepper. Stir occassionally to break up the meat. When the meat is no longer brown add the can of drained mushrooms to the skillet.
- Add green beans, 1/2 onion rings, mushroom soup, and mix. Put into a casserole dish top with remaining onion rings. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes
- I have also made this green bean casserole with frozen green beans with good results. There is also a mix of frozen vegetables called Oriental mix that contains, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli that this casserole works well with too. Use you imagination on this one!