There is only one hashbrown breakfast casserole you should make this weekend. It’s this Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole recipe that is a favorite of anyone who has ever visited the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
Why This Recipe Works
The Cracker Barrel is known for a lot of great recipes but most people will go just for this hashbrown breakfast casserole. It is rich with cheese, a touch of sour cream, onions, and more.
But you don’t have to leave home to have a taste of the Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole. Making this special breakfast treat is easy to make at home. And while it’s considered a breakfast dish, it can also be served for lunch or dinner. And it heats up really well too.
This recipe is super easy and only calls for a handful of ingredients.
- Salt & Pepper
- Minced Onions
- Sour Cream
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Recreating a hashbrown breakfast casserole is very easy and only takes a few steps.
- After you spread the hashbrowns in your baking pan, you will prepare the sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter, onions, sour cream, and soup.
- Mix all together and pour over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes and you are ready to serve. It’s that easy.
- You may use frozen hashbrowns for this recipe. However, you need to thaw them out in the refrigerator overnight.
- If you would rather microwave the frozen hashbrowns, you can do that too. Make sure you drain the potatoes in a colander and pat them dry before you put them in the baking pan.
- Make sure you coat your pan with a non-stick spray. It’s really important to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
Hungry for More?
If you like Cracker Barrel, try these copycat recipes:
- Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Bake
- Baby Carrots Recipe
- Eggs in a Basket
- Grilled Chicken Strips
- Ham and Egg Casserole
- Homestyle Chicken
- Kale Brussel Sprout Salad
- Mushroom Pot Roast
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Coca Cola Chocolate Cake
Popular Casserole Side Dish Recipes
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 pounds hashbrowns
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese or Colby cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Spread the hashbrown potatoes in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave.
- Add the onions, sour cream, and soup to the melted butter and mix together.
- Pour the soup mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm and the cheese begins to melt.