There is only one hashbrown breakfast casserole you should make this weekend. It’s this Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole recipe that is a favorite of anyone who has ever visited the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
Why this Recipe Works
The Cracker Barrel is known for a lot of great recipes but most people will go just for this hashbrown breakfast casserole. It is rich with cheese, a touch of sour cream, onions, and more. But you don’t have to leave home to have a taste of the Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole. Making this special breakfast treat is easy to make at home. And while it’s considered a breakfast dish, it can also be served for lunch or dinner. And it heats up really well too.
How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
This recipe is super easy and only calls for a handful of ingredients.
- Salt & Pepper
- Minced Onions
- Sour Cream
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Recreating a hashbrown breakfast casserole is very easy and only takes a few steps. After you spread the hashbrowns in your baking pan, you will prepare the sauce. In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter, onions, sour cream, and soup. Mix all together and pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake for 45 minutes and you are ready to serve. It’s that easy.
- You may use frozen hashbrowns for this recipe. However, you need to thaw them out in the refrigerator overnight.
- If you would rather microwave the frozen hashbrowns, you can do that too. Make sure you drain the potatoes in a colander and pat dry before you put it in the baking pan.
- Make sure you spray your pan with a non-stick pan. It’s really important to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
Hungry for More?
If you like Cracker Barrel recipes, you may want to try some of these.
- A Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Cracker Barrel Mushroom Braised Pot Roast
- The Cracker Barrel Sunday Chicken
- Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds hashbrowns
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese Colby cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Spread the potatoes in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave. Add the onions, sour cream, and soup and mix together. Pour the soup mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm and the cheese begins to melt.