Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie is a must if you can catch it when it is available. This is a seasonal pie that is served during the holidays. I really don’t think you want to miss this delicious Cracker Barrel recipe, and especially so if you love pecan pie.
When people tell me pie is difficult to make, I always tell them, start with a pecan pie. If you can measure, and stir, guess what, you can make a pecan pie. I promise it is easy to do. By using the semi-sweet chocolate chips a rich chocolate flavor adds just the right touch to this special pie. While the Cracker Barrel typically only serves this pie the winter holidays, but now you can enjoy this pie any time of the year.
If you like you can start with a pre-made pie crust. I like the refrigerated ones you buy at the store, I think they taste better than the frozen ones. Frozen ones will work too, but I think the refrigerated ones taste a little better. You don’t have to wait until the holidays to make this chocolate pecan pie, it’s good any time of the year.
Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups melted margarine
- 1 cups pecans
- 3 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together eggs, and then add in sugar, mix well. Mix in corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and margarine. Place pecans and chocolate chips in pie shell.
- Add pecan pie filling. The pecans will rise up to the top when baking. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 50-60 minutes.
- You could serve this chocolate pecan pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I like to keep this pie in the refrigerator between servings, I think helps the pie to set up better.