When you make the Cracker Barrel Ham and Egg Casserole you can enjoy this delicious breakfast at home.
There is nothing better than a leisurely breakfast. I love to have a hearty breakfast in the morning, but as I am not a true morning person, making an elaborate breakfast for me is difficult. Here we have Cracker Barrel’s Ham and Egg Casserole, their recreation of strata. This recipe is one that you can prepare the night before, perhaps while you are cooking dinner, and then pop into the refrigerator. The next morning, take it out and place it into a hot oven for about 30 minutes, and you have a hearty breakfast.
You may want to substitute the ham for another type of meat in your refrigerator, or you may even want to go meatless. This recipe can be made in a million different ways.
This breakfast casserole is the perfect make-ahead casserole to enjoy for when you have company or to enjoy over the weekend.
Love the Cracker Barrel? Check out these Cracker Barrel recipes
Cracker Barrel Ham and Egg Casserole
- 1/3 cup lean ham country cured is bet
- 1 slice sourdough bread †(remove crust and cut to fit bottom of casserole dish)
- 5 beaten eggs you want 1 cup of eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with a non-stick spray and place sourdough bread on the bottom of casserole dish. Beat eggs; add salt, pepper and evaporated milk and mix thoroughly. Pour egg mixture over bread. Sprinkle diced ham and shredded cheese over egg mixture and cover with plastic wrap or another type of lid. Place casserole in the refrigerator overnight or in refrigerator for at least five hours. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, depending on the depth of the casserole dish. You will know this is completely done when you shake the dish slightly and the eggs do not wiggle.