It’s hard to be a Tuna Casserole. This Tuna Mushroom Casserole is unique because extra mushrooms are added to this dish before baking.
Tuna Mushroom Casserole is a comfort dish that everyone loves. When I was growing up, tuna casserole was a favorite around our house.
This recipe is so easy to make, and it is soon to become a favorite. A can of mushrooms makes this casserole extra special.
Table of Contents
This is what you need to make the casserole:
- Egg Noodles
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Mushrooms
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- Saltine Crackers
How to Make Tuna Mushroom Casserole
Start by cooking the egg noodles according to the package directions. I find that egg noodles are light and perfect for casserole making. After the noodles are cooked combine the noodles, two 6 ounce cans of tuna and the mushrooms in a large bowl.
Combine the milk and the cream of mushroom soup in a bowl. Whisk or stir well to combine. You will want to stir these together completely before combining them with the noodles.
After you have the creamy mushroom sauce combined, you will want to mix it with the noodles.
When all is mixed well together, pour into the baking dish. Toss crackers with melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole. Then pop the casserole into the oven, and bake.
Cook until it has heated through. Then remove it from the oven and enjoy your tuna mushroom casserole.
Looking for more great tuna recipes? Be sure to check out these recipes where tuna is the star attraction.
- Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Grilled Tuna and Cheese Sandwich
- Fudpuckers Bacon-Wrapped Tuna
- Tuna Stuffed Crescent Roll Casserole
- Old-Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna Mushroom Casserole
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles cooked and drained
- 12 ounces tuna canned, and drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms can
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup saltines crushed
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna and mushrooms.
- Combine soup, milk, salt and pepper; pour over noodle mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter together and place on the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until heated through.