Pecan Pie is a classic southern dessert everyone enjoys. Luby’s Pecan Pie is one of the most requested desserts at the restaurant during the holidays.
If you aren’t near a Luby’s, you can still make pecan pie just like they do. You don’t have to wait for a holiday to make a pecan pie. You can make one any night of the week and for any occasion.
Table of Contents
Luby’s Pecan Pie
Pecan pie is one of the easiest pies to make. If you can measure, mix, and stir, you can make a delicious pecan pie that will have everyone wondering how you made such a fantastic dessert.
Don’t tell anyone that it took you only a few minutes to put this pie together. Your secret is safe with me.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the pie:
- Unbaked pie crust
- Light corn syrup
How to Make Luby’s Pecan Pie
There are just 4 simples steps:
- Simply whisk or stir to combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Place pecans in the pie shell.
- Pour filling over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the center is set.
Pecan Pie Crust Options
- Frozen pie crust. You may even use one of the higher-end frozen pie shells for an added touch.
- Refrigerated pie crust. Make sure it fits a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerated crusts are great if you want to give the crust a fancy edge.
- Homemade pie crust. To give your pie an extra special touch, make Martha Stewarts Perfect Pie Crust.
Allow the pie to cool then slice and serve.
Luby’s pecan pie does not need to be refrigerated. Simply cover and store at room temperature.
You can make the pie ahead and freeze it. Pecan pies freeze well and no will know it was ever frozen.
Do you have some dishes that you simply must have to make a festive meal complete? I personally can’t imagine a Christmas celebration without my Grandmother’s Hello Dolly cookies.
More Tasty Pies to Make
- Tollhouse Pie
- No Bake Kool Aid Pie
- Pumpkin Layer Pie
- Pineapple Millionaire Pie Recipe
- Ritz Mock Apple Pie Recipe
- Old Fashioned Apple Pie Recipe with Brown Sugar
- Diabetic Apple Pie Recipe
- Ice Cream Pie Baskin Robbins
Best Luby’s Copycat Recipes
Luby’s Pecan Pie
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Combine and mix well. The mixture should be smooth before you pour it into the pie shell.
- Place pecans in the pie shell. The pecans will float to the top as the pie cooks.
- Pour the filling mixture over the pecans.
- Bake for approximately an hour, or until the center is set.