Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon are a real treat. Maybe you haven’t had brussels sprouts since you were a child, maybe you only had them steamed or boiled. I promise if you weren’t a fan of Brussels sprouts you should give this recipe a try. One try of this recipe, this side dish will go into your rotation.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Ingredients you will need:
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Simply partially cook bacon and onion. Then toss with fresh Brussels sprouts, olive oil, and seasonings. Bake in the oven until perfectly browned and delicious.
Love roasted vegetables? Take a look at these recipes:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bacon and pan fry bacon, but only partially cook your bacon, it will finish cooking in the oven, remove bacon from pan, and add diced red onion to the pan. Cook red onion until just softened.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and slice in half, remove any brown leaves. On a cookie sheet add sliced Brussels sprouts, partially cooked bacon, red onions along with pan drippings and mix well. Pour olive oil over the Brussels sprouts and stir until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated. Roast for approximately 25 minutes, sprinkle with kosher salt and add fresh cracked pepper before serving.