Honey Roasted Carrots are a delicious side dish that goes with any entrée. It’s perfect for both everyday and special holiday dinners. Only a few simple ingredients are needed for this easy roasted honey glazed carrots recipe.
Oven Roasted Carrots with Honey
I love carrots. They are a simple vegetable that is simple to cook with, and they taste so good. During the winter especially, I love to prepare roasted carrots – cooking carrots in the oven warms up the kitchen.
Moreover, this honey roasted carrots side dish practically cooks itself.
If you are ever looking to stretch out your food budget, I find carrots a great way to make an inexpensive side dish. They are simple to work with, you simply need to peel and chop them and you’re ready to go.
Carrots are also one of the least expensive organic vegetables I think you can find. I often find these for a great deal at Costco.
Why this Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe is so Good
This is the best recipe for honeyed carrots because it shows picky eaters that vegetables can be really delicious. These roasted honey carrots are covered in a sweet and sticky glaze then roasted.
While in the oven, the glaze caramelizes and turns plain old boring carrots into an addictive side dish that’s not too sweet but full of balanced flavor. If you are looking for a slightly sweet and savory side dish, these oven roasted carrots with honey are just made for you.
Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe Ingredients
This honey roasted carrots recipe contains simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Here’s a list of what you need:
- Coconut oil
- Cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
If I am roasting carrots, I want the larger carrots which are often less desirable because they are so big. When you roast carrots they shrink a lot. If you can’t find the large carrots, you may want to leave them whole when you roast them.
Ingredient Substitutions for Roasted Honey Carrots
This carrot side dish is prepared with coconut oil, but you can use the vegetable oil you prefer or even butter.
For a vegan recipe, substitute maple syrup for honey.
Caramelized Carrots – Recipe Variations
Here are some ideas for customizing this recipe:
- Try half carrots and half parsnips.
- Combine baby turnips with the carrot chunks.
- Try studding your roasted honey carrots with garlic, ginger, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Add some herbs – rosemary, oregano, or thyme.
How to Make Roasted Carrots with Honey
This is a very easy carrot dish to prepare and is perfect for a beginner cook. You can use regular orange carrots or rainbow carrots.
It’s a delicious way to dress up carrots, and it’s pretty much impossible to screw up. Here’s all there is to it:
- Slice the carrots. Cut thick ones in half lengthwise; leave small ones whole. Then cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Make sure your carrot pieces are about the same size to ensure even roasting.
- Combine coconut oil, cider vinegar, and honey in a bowl. Whisk until the mixture is uniform.
- Place the carrots in the bowl and toss to coat them with the honey mixture.
- Place the honeyed carrots in a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Tips for Buying Carrots
Look for brightly colored carrots that are straight and firm, not cracked and wilted looking. If the carrot tops are attached, the leaves should be fresh and bright green.
If you are roasting carrots, look for larger ones because carrots shrink a lot in the oven. If you can only find smaller ones, you may want to leave them whole when you roast them.
Refrigerate unwashed carrots in a plastic bag in the crisper drawer for up to 2 weeks.
Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe Video
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make roasted honey glazed carrots:
How to Store Roasted Honey Carrots in the Refrigerator and Freezer
Honey glazed carrots are best eaten straight out of the oven, but you can refrigerate or freeze them after they’re completely cooled.
To Store in the Refrigerator: Place leftover carrots in an airtight container and store for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To Store in the Freezer: Place the honey carrots in a freezer-safe container or bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Honey Roasted Carrots
Simply pop your caramelized carrots in the microwave until they are warmed through. Or reheat them on the stove with a dash of butter and some salt and pepper.
What to Serve with Honey Roasted Carrots
This oven-roasted carrots with honey recipe gives you a wonderful carrot side dish that’s easy to make and goes great with so many entrees.
While the carrots are roasting, you can get on with the rest of your meal prep. Or, if you put these carrots in the oven along with an entrée (such as a chicken), both will be done at around the same time.
Placing a couple (or more) items in the oven at once makes cooking less time-consuming and more carefree.
Here are a few ideas to team your caramelized carrots up with:
More Carrot Side Dishes
Carrots are a great way to make an inexpensive side dish and stretch out your food budget. They are easy to work with – simply peel and chop, and you’re ready to go. Here are some great carrot recipes for you to try:
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Boiled Carrots
- Carrot and Raisin Salad
- Carrot Souffle
- Copper Penny Carrots
- Cracker Barrel Carrots
- Peas and Carrots
Other Recipes with Carrots
Carrots are great in desserts! Here are some popular ones:
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole. Slice the carrots into 3 to 4-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, cider vinegar, and honey. Whisk until you have a uniform mixture.
- Place the carrots into the bowl and coat with the cider, honey, and oil blend.
- Place the coated carrots in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over carrots.
- Bake for 30 minutes.