Are you looking for a good way to stretch your food budget? Casseroles are a great way to help you extend your food budget. This sausage casserole combines rice, onion soup mix, and sausage for a fantastic flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms canned
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound hot sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook and drain the sausage. Place rice in a 3-quart casserole; add soup mix, water, then vegetables, butter, and sausage. Top with cheese in the last 15 minutes of baking time. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.