These are some unusual brownies, they do not have chocolate in them. They taste like pecan pie.
Mrs. Fields Pecan Pie Brownies – these taste like pecan pie.
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Dark Karo Syrup
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon Dark Karo Syrup (for pecan halves)
- Mix pecan halves with 1 tablespoon of dark Karo syrup and set aside. Beat shortening with brown sugar until creamy. Add molasses, 2 tablespoons dark Karo syrup, and pecan pieces, blend. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Measure flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- To batter slowly mix in dry ingredients until all ingredients are blended well. Place in a 8"x 8" greased baking pan. Top batter with arranged pecan halves that have been mixed with the dark Karo syrup. Place baking pan in a preheated oven at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes. (if glass baking dish is used bake at 325 for 25 - 30 minutes) Yield: 16 servings