Cookies and Cream Brownies are a great variation on your ordinary brownies. What turns brownies into cookies and cream brownies? Oreo cookies make these delicious brownies.
Are you looking for a way to make ordinary brownies fun and exciting? By simply adding a few Oreo cookies to the batter you can transform your brownies into something amazing. You can make the brownies from scratch, or you can simply use a boxed mix. The cream layer is made from cream cheese.
These brownies can be put together in no time at all.
Love brownies? Try these brownie recipes.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies -- crushed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; set aside. For brownie layer, combine butter, sugars and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into the cocoa mixture. Stir in vanilla and cookie crumbs. Pour into a greased 11x7x2-inch baking pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely.