Oreo Brownies are rich, chocolatey, and swirled with cream cheese. These chocolate cookies and cream brownies made with Oreos are a delicious treat that’s perfect for dessert or a snack.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
Oreo Brownies are a great variation on your ordinary brownies. What turns brownies into cookies and cream brownies? Oreo cookies make delicious brownies. The creamy swirl is what really makes these Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies extraordinary.
Oreo Cookie Brownies
Are you looking for a way to make ordinary brownies fun and exciting? By simply adding a few Oreo cookies to the batter you can transform your brownies into something amazing.
There are dozens of ways to eat an Oreo, but if you love ooey-gooey brownies, this recipe is sure to become one of your favorites. After all, who can resist rich chocolate brownies studded with crumbled Oreo cookies and topped with a cream cheese frosting? Oreo cream cheese brownies are perfect for school lunches or just as a sweet snack with a tall glass of cold milk!
Mixing the Batter For These Easy Oreo Cookie Brownies
Prepackaged brownie mixes have ruined brownies with their crumbly texture and muted flavors. Nix the mix and prepare your brownies from real ingredients. It’s easier than you think.
- Place the white sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Use a whisk to incorporate all of the dried ingredients fully.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour in the melted butter and whisk. Make sure to break up any larger chunks.
- Whip two room-temperature eggs in a separate bowl and slowly pour them into the cocoa mixture while continuously whisking. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a plastic spatula.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda. If you don’t have a flour sifter, use a fork, but make sure to mix the baking soda throughout the flour thoroughly.
- Slowly sprinkle the flour into the bowl of wet ingredients while whisking.
- Once you add all the flour to the wet ingredients, break up any dry bits of flour.
- Add the vanilla extract and gently stir in Oreo cookie pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased 11x7x2-inch baking pan. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down that side of the bowl and smooth the top of the batter in the baking pan.
Adding the Cream Cheese Swirl
The swirl of vanilla-flavored cream cheese is what takes these Oreo cookie brownies over the top. Using a stand mixer is ideal, but a hand mixer is fine if you don’t have one. You can even do it by hand if you are ready for a workout.
- Let the cream cheese come up to room temperature. This step will make things a whole lot easier.
- Start beating the cream cheese and sugar together on low. Once the cream cheese gets a little fluffy, pour in the vanilla extract and the whipped egg.
- Beat to combine.
- Spoon out small dollops of the cream cheese mixture evenly across the top of the brownie batter in the baking pan.
- Swirl the cream cheese mixture in interesting patterns on the top of the brownies. Most people use a knife for swirling, but using a chopstick works much better.
Tips for Serving and Storing Nabisco Oreo Brownies
- You must refrigerate Oreo brownies because they contain cream cheese. Keep the brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top. Drizzle on a bit of chocolate sauce and garnish with an Oreo cookie for an even better presentation.
See what we are up to these days by checking out our Facebook page!
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies
How to Make Oreo Brownies from Scratch
These cookies and cream brownies can be put together in no time at all.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Place melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add it to the chocolate mixture.
- Mix until combined and smooth.
- Add cookie crumbs and vanilla.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased 11x7x2-inch baking pan.
- Spoon dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the batter.
- Swirl the cream cheese mixture into the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan then slice into squares.
How to Make Oreo Brownies with Brownie Mix
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the package instructions.
- Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
- Make the cream cheese mixture and swirl it into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely then slice into squares.
Love brownies? Try these recipes!
- Bisquick Brownies
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Hershey Brownies
- Kahlua Brownies
- Milky Way Brownies
- Mint Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies
Favorite Chocolate Cookies and Desserts
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Hershey Bar Cake
- Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
Check out more of my easy cookie recipes and the best dessert recipes here on CopyKat!
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 X 7 X 2-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, 1 egg, and ½ teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, place melted butter, ½ cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder then stir it into the cocoa mixture.
- Add vanilla and Oreo cookie crumbs and stir to combine.
- Pour the brownie batter into the greased 11x7x2-inch baking pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture in dollops over the batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely.
Loved the cream cheese in this brownies.