Transform ordinary boxed brownies into something extra special with the addition of Milky Way candy bars to the mix.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Candy Bar Brownies
If you love Milky Way candy bars with their tasty combination of milk chocolate, creamy chocolate nougat, and caramel layer, these brownies will win you over with your first bite. Milky Way brownies are a must-try because they are rich, fudgy, and loaded with chocolate candy bar chunks.
Want to take brownies from ordinary to extraordinary? It’s easy to do with Milky Way stuffed brownies!
Why You Should Try This Milky Way Brownies Recipe
Of all the brownie recipes out there, these Milky Way brownies will rank right up at the top with your other favorites.
Your friends and family will rave over these candy bar brownies. They make the perfect dessert for taking to a potluck or giving as a special treat to a chocolate lover. This brownie recipe is also a great way to use leftover Halloween candy.
Are there any downsides to these Milky Way stuffed brownies? Definitely! First off, they are highly addictive. Then they must be eaten with a fork to avoid a yummy but gooey mess all over your hands!
It’s easy to make Milky Way brownies with brownie mix. Moreover, ordinary boxed brownie mix is transformed into something extra special with the addition of Milky Way candy bars. Here’s what you will need:
- Milky Way bars
- Boxed brownie mix
- Ingredients as per the brownie mix
How to Make Milky Way Brownies
How to Make Milky Way Brownies
Making Milky Way brownies with brownie mix means these brownies come together in a flash. Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to the temperature stated on the brownie mix box. Butter a square baking dish.
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the package in a bowl.
- Slice up the candy bars into pieces.
- Stir the chopped candy bars into the brownie base.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish and spread it out in an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Bake and place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Run a knife around the side of the pan to loosen the edges then cut into squares when cool.
Line the baking pan with parchment or foil, so it’s easy to lift the brownies out.
Be careful not to overbake because you want a nice fudgy brownie.
Keeping them chilled in the refrigerator until it’s time to cut them up will make slicing them up easier.
Instead of Milky Way bars, you could use Milky Way bites.
Use other candy bars to make Snicker brownies or 3 Musketeer brownies.
For more yumminess, drizzle the finished brownies with caramel sauce.
Add some flaky sea salt to your caramel sauce mixture, and voila – salted caramel brownies!
What to Serve With Milky Way Stuffed Brownies
They’re so rich that you will definitely need a big glass of milk to go with them. Of course, they are also good for your tea or coffee break.
Fudgy, thick brownies stuffed with candy bars make the ultimate dessert the whole family will love! Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to Store Brownies
Store cut brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. They are best eaten within 1 to 2 days. They will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To freeze your brownies, place them in a well-sealed container in the freezer. They’ll be good for up to 2 months. When you want to enjoy some, just take them out and let them defrost.
Do you love brownies? Try These Recipes
Best Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Delight
- Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Pistachio Pudding Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cake
- Mississippi Mud Cake
- Hershey Bar Cake
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
This brownie recipe was generously donated by Gina McCaver, who said she was able to sell ten pans of them at her son’s Little League Fun Day.
Milky Way Brownies
- 18.5 ounces brownie mix
- 2 Milky Way candy bars
- Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the brownie mix box.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the package instructions.
- Cut both Milky Way candy bars into pieces.
- Add the pieces to the batter and stir them in.
- Bake as directed on the brownie mix box.
- Cool the brownies in the pan for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Slice the brownies and serve.