This chocolate pudding cake is easy to make and is rich, and when served warm, has lots of melty chocolate on top.
It’s hard to beat this delicious a piece of warm rich and decadent chocolate cake. Growing up my Mom would make this chocolate treat on cold winter nights. When this cake comes out of the oven, it is warm, and the melted chocolate topping is so creamy and delicious.
Chocolate Pudding Cake is easy to make
This chocolate cake is made with very simple ingredients. This recipe has a couple of ingredients that make one delicious cake. A boxed chocolate cake mix and a box of a cook to serve pudding mix are the foundations of this recipe. This will be topped with chocolate chips, and then carefully baked in the oven.
When you make this cake, you will prepare the pudding mix according to the box directions, this will be combined with the dry chocolate cake mix.
The triple layers of chocolate really set this cake apart from other chocolate cake recipes.
When this cake comes out of the oven, you will want to serve this with either whipped cream, or in a pinch, Cool Whip will work. Either topping will work just fine.
If for some reason you do not finish this cake in one sitting, I suggest that you warm the cake in the microwave the second time you serve this cake.
I hope you enjoy this delicious chocolate dessert! Now if you have read this far, be sure to subscribe to my free newsletter and doesn’t miss out on the next recipe.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 large box of cook & serve chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a 3 quart sauce pan over medium-low heat mix milk & pudding until thick - add in cake mix and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan (I prefer stoneware). Pour semi-sweet chocolate chips over mixture & bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cake will be shiny and will pull away from sides of pan.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Serve with whipped cream