Source Virginia McDowell. Jefferson City, Mo. 1980.
Banana Split Cake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 ounces melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 bananas sliced
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 jar maraschino cherries (16 ounces)
- 12 ounces pecans
- To make the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Press into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese together until smooth. Spread over the graham cracker crust.
- Slice bananas and place them flat in a single layer on the cream cheese.
- Drain the crushed pineapple and spread it in the pan.
- Spread Cool Whip over the pineapple.
- Drain cherries and place them on top of the Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Keep the cake refrigerated when not serving.