Do you love chocolate? Eight Hershey milk chocolate candy bars go into this rich and chocolatey cake. Whether you simply dust it with powdered sugar or cover it in frosting, this Hershey Chocolate Bar Cake is sure to be a favorite!
Table of Contents
Hershey Bar Bundt Cake
Who doesn’t love chocolate cake?! This Hershey chocolate cake is absolutely amazing. And it’s extremely chocolatey. Milk chocolate candy bars sure can give a cake a special flavor and richness.
Hershey Cake From Chocolate Bars
Why is this cake so amazing? It’s because it is literally made with Hershey chocolate bars. They are easily melted down and flavor this whole cake with their chocolatey goodness.
Plus you can make this moist Hershey cake recipe in just a few easy steps! So if you think it’s going to be hard to make, do not worry, it’s not! This would be a great cake recipe for beginners.
Hershey Cake Recipe Ingredients
Another wonderful thing about this delicious chocolate cake recipe is that you do not need any crazy ingredients! You should already have everything you need.
Here’s a list of what you need for a Hershey Candy Bar Cake:
- Hershey bars
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans
Buttermilk is Key to this Cake
Cake is cake so it is a little hard to change it too much since there is actually a lot of science that goes into the baking process.
However, if you don’t want to go to the store to buy a carton of buttermilk, you can make your own! All you have to do is put 1 tablespoon of white vinegar into a cup of milk, mix it together, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Buttermilk plays an important part in the cake. It brings a lot of flavor, so do your best not to skip it!
Can cocoa be substituted for the Hershey candy bars?
No, you cannot substitute the Hershey candy bars for cocoa. The main reason is that they have a different consistency. Using just cocoa will give you a dry cake.
But, if you need to substitute the Hershey bars, then you can use a baker’s chocolate bar or another chocolate you can melt. Just make sure that you use 12.4 ounces of chocolate to replace the 8 chocolate bars.
How many candy bars are needed to make a Hershey Bar Cake?
For this recipe, you will need to melt down and use 8 individually packaged chocolate bars that are each 1.55 ounces.
How to Make a Hershey Candy Bar Cake
- Start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then you’ll add one egg at a time.
- Melt the chocolate and gradually add it to the creamed mixture.
- Add the buttermilk and flour and then stir the vanilla extract, salt, and the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake the cake for 90 minutes at 325 degrees.
What is the secret to a moist cake?
The secret is nothing too crazy. Using room temperature butter is the beginning. It will allow the butter to mix and combine better with the flour.
This will prevent you from over-mixing the cake. When you over mix the cake it becomes dryer and tougher.
Why does my chocolate cake taste weird?
There are a few things you can check to figure out why your cake doesn’t taste quite right.
- Did you use baking powder instead of baking soda?
- Did you use the right type of sugar?
- Did you try using cocoa powder in place of the chocolate bars?
All of these things will produce a cake that will not taste right. So, double-check your ingredients and give it another shot!
Can Hershey Bar Cake be made as a layer cake rather than a bundt cake?
It definitely can and will be delicious.
Instead of using the bundt pan, pour the cake batter into two 8-inch greased pans and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes.
Best Frosting for Hershey Bar Cake
You can also sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or drizzle some Hershey’s chocolate syrup on top.
Love to bake cakes? Try these recipes!
- Ambrosia Cake
- Angel Food Pineapple Cake
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake
- Heath Bar Cake
- Italian Lemon Cream Cake
- Jello Poke Cake
- Pistachio Cake
- Sock It To Me Cake
- Zucchini Cake
Favorite Chocolate Dessert Recipes
Hershey Bar Cake
- 1 cup butter softened + extra for Bundt pan
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 1.55-ounce Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating after each addition.
- Melt the Hershey bars. Add a little melted chocolate to the egg mixture and beat. Continue to add chocolate and beat until it is all combined.
- Add the buttermilk and flour alternately. Stir in the vanilla, salt, and pecans. (I dust my pecans with a little flour to help keep them suspended throughout the cake, rather than sinking to the bottom.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 90 minutes.