Cheesecakes are a wonderful addition to any meal another gathering. This is an easy to put together cheesecake, the taste is light and bright with the pineapple.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 9 ounces crushed pineapple 1 can
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Blend 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add pineapple. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. Remove it from the heat and cool it to room temperature.
- Blend cream cheese, remaining sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in milk and vanilla.
- Spread the pineapple mixture in the pie shell.
- Pour in the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 50 minutes longer.
- Cool the pie to room temperature then refrigerate it until serving.