Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is one of the most loved menu items at Shoney’s. What’s better than a fresh strawberry pie? The Shoney’s Strawberry Pie always signals spring. You can make this pie during strawberry season.
Table of Contents
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Unfortunately, Shoney’s isn’t around as much as they were in the years past. So you can recreate this famous dessert at home with this recipe. What’s better than a fresh strawberry pie and a flaky tender crust?
One of the easiest fruit pies to make!
Who doesn’t love this classic Strawberry recipe? Shoney’s is known for its strawberry pie. The copycat recipe for Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is easy to make and has ingredients that you already have at home.
Who doesn’t love an easy to make pie? This recipe is made simply with strawberry jello, cornstarch, sugar, and fresh strawberries. You can use your favorite pie crust recipe, or you may want to purchase a refrigerated pie crust.
Strawberry pie with Jello is easy to make!
Did I mention this pie is super easy to make? A simple glaze made with strawberry Jello is poured over fresh strawberries piled in a pie crust.
Strawberry Pie Ingredients
To make this old fashioned strawberry pie, here’s a list of what you need:
- 9-inch Deep Dish Pie Crust
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Jello
How to Make Strawberry Pie
Here are the simple recipe steps for making this incredible fresh strawberry pie:
- Bake your pie crust, and let it cool.
- While the pie crust is cooling wash the strawberries, pat them dry, hull the berries, and then cut them.
- Make the glaze for the filling by heating cornstarch, sugar, and water, and allow it to thicken over the heat. Then stir in the Jello gelatin.
- Pile that pie crust high full of strawberries.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries and refrigerate the pie for a couple of hours.
Decorating the Pie
After the pie sets up you can choose to decorate it with whipped cream or simply leave it as it is, the colors of the strawberries are simply beautiful. You really can make this pie in no time.
My favorite time of the year to make this pie is the spring, the strawberries are just starting to come in, and it doesn’t get better than this.
If you love other Shoney’s desserts be sure to check out the Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae. I know you will love that one too!
Love Strawberries? Check out these Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Frappuccino
- Strawberry Romanoff
- Strawberry Water
- Wendy’s Strawberry Frosty
More of the Best Pie Recipes
- Buttermilk Pie
- Easy Rhubarb Custard Pie
- Easy Old Fashioned Apple Pie Recipe
- Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie
- How to Make Kool-Aid Pie
- Mixed Fruit Pie Recipe
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie
Copycat Shoney’s Strawberry Pie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons strawberry Jello
- 1 pound strawberries cleaned, steam removed, and left whole
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie crust baked
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, and water together in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the glaze becomes thick. You will know it is thick enough when it can coat the back of a spoon, and the glaze will slowly come off the spoon.
- Add Strawberry Jello to the glaze and stir to combine.
- Place drained whole fresh strawberries into a baked deep-dish 9-inch pie shell.
- Pour cooked mixture over berries. Chill 2 hours at least.
- Top with Cool Whip if desired.
- Make the pie more like Shoney’s by piling the strawberries up very tall into the pie shell
- If you want you could use a graham cracker crust