Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is one of the most loved menu items at Shoney’s, what’s better than a fresh strawberry pie? The Shoney’s Strawberry Pie for always signals spring. You can make this pie during strawberry season.
One of the easiest fruit pies to make!
Who doesn’t love this classic Strawberry recipe? Shoney’s is known for their strawberry pie. The copycat recipe for Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is easy to make and has ingredients that you already have at home. Who doesn’t easy to make pie? This recipe is made simply with strawberry jello, cornstarch, sugar, and fresh strawberries. You can use your favorite pie crust recipe, or you may want to purchase a refrigerated pie crust.
Strawberry pie is easy to make!
Did I mention this pie is super easy to make? You will need fresh strawberries, strawberry Jell-O, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bake your pie crust, and let it cool. While the pie crust is cooling wash the strawberries, pat them dry, hull the berries, and then cut them. Make the sauce by heating the gelatin, cornstarch, sugar, and water, and allow it to thicken over the heat. Add the strawberries, then pile that pie crust high full of strawberries.
Decorating the pie
After the pie sets up you can choose to decorate it with whipped cream or simply leave it as it is, the colors of the strawberries are simply beautiful. You really can make this pie in no time. My favorite time of the year to make this pie is the spring, the Strawberries are just starting to come in, and it doesn’t get better than this.
Unfortunately, Shoney’s isn’t around as much as they were in the years past. So you can recreate this famous dessert at home with this recipe. What’s better than a fresh strawberry pie and a flaky tender crust? If you love other Shoney’s desserts be sure to check out the Shoney’s Hot Fudge Cake Recipe. I know you will love that one too!
Love Strawberries? Check out these Strawberry Recipes
Copycat Shoney’s Strawberry Pie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O
- 1 pound strawberries cleaned, steam removed, and left whole
- 1 pie crust
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, and water together in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the glaze becomes thick. You will know it is thick enough when it can coat the back of a spoon, and the glaze will slowly come off the spoon.
- Add Strawberry Jell-O. Place drained whole fresh strawberries into baked deep-dish 9-inch pie shell.
- Pour cooked mixture over berries. Chill 2 hours at least.
- Top with Cool Whip.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Make the pie more like Shoney's by piling the strawberries up very tall into the pie shell
- If you want you could use a graham cracker crust