Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is one of the most loved menu items at Shoney’s. The Shoney’s Strawberry Pie for always signals spring. In the spring strawberries are fresh and so ripe. Shoney’s Strawberry pie is a great way to use fresh strawberries.
Who doesn’t love this classic Strawberry recipe? Shoney’s is known for their strawberry pie. The copycat recipe for Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is easy to make and has ingredients that you already have at home. Who doesn’t easy to make pie? This recipe is made simply with strawberry jello, cornstarch, sugar, and fresh strawberries. You can use a frozen pie shell for this recipe that you bake in the oven before you make this delicious dessert.
After the pie sets up you can choose to decorate it with whipped cream or simply leave it as it is, the colors of the strawberries are simply beautiful. You really can make this pie in no time. My favorite time of the year to make this pie is the spring, the Strawberries are just starting to come in, and it doesn’t get better than this.
Unfortunately, Shoney’s isn’t around as much as they were in the years past. So you can recreate this famous dessert at home with this recipe. If you love other Shoney’s desserts be sure to check out the Shoney’s Hot Fudge Cake Recipe. I know you will love that one too!
Love Strawberries? Check out these Strawberry Recipes
Copycat Shoney’s Strawberry Pie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O
- 1 pound strawberries cleaned, steam removed, and left whole
- 1 pie crust
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, and water together in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the glaze becomes thick. You will know it is thick enough when it can coat the back of a spoon, and the glaze will slowly come off the spoon.
- Add Strawberry Jell-O. Place drained whole fresh strawberries into baked deep-dish 9-inch pie shell.
- Pour cooked mixture over berries. Chill 2 hours at least.
- Top with Cool Whip.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Make the pie more like Shoney's by piling the strawberries up very tall into the pie shell