Key Lime Pie is so popular. Sweet and tangy flavors mingle together for a unique flavor. If you do not have Key Limes available, you can use regular fresh limes instead. A fellow viewer sent this in.
Frozen Key Lime Pie
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh Key Lime Juice
- 1 baked pie shell
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 tablespoons Superfine sugar
- Beat first three ingredients together until thick and smooth. Pour mixture in pie shell. Make meringue and spread over pie filling. Bake to brown, and then chill before serving. A key lime pie that is green is not a key lime pie.