Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita is a tasty cocktail to enjoy on a hot summer day or any fun occasion. You can make it frozen or on the rocks with this easy copycat recipe. If you love watermelon, this is the drink for you!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Best Watermelon Margarita Recipe
A sweet and tangy Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita can turn any day into a warm, sunny summer afternoon. Whether you serve a shaken Watermelon Margarita at brunch or a frozen version as the perfect poolside pick-me-up, it is hard to beat.
Try it once and you won’t ever want to go back to boring old Margaritas ever again!
What’s in This Watermelon Margarita Recipe Anyway?
With only three ingredients in this cocktail, now is not the time to save a few bucks with cheaper substitutions. For the best results, follow the recipe as written.
Jose Cuervo Especial Silver
Lots of folks have strong opinions when it comes to tequila. Many love the spirit’s flavor but dislike waking up with an aching head the following day. But when consumed responsibly, high-quality tequila is less likely to leave you regretting last night.
Jose Cuervo Especial Silver is just about the perfect tequila for a Watermelon Margarita with its soft herbal flavor, lack of bitterness, and affordable price point.
Skip the sour mix in the plastic bottle and take things to the next level by opting for something more natural. Your best bet is to spend a few extra minutes to make the mix yourself.
It’s easy. Just combine two parts of simple syrup with two parts fresh lemon juice and one part fresh lime juice. Stir to combine and store in the fridge for up to a week.
If you don’t have time to make sour mix, try a premium brand like Hella Cocktail Co. or Mary’s Mixers.
Monin Classic Watermelon Syrup
This is the secret ingredient that sets the cocktail apart. After all, who doesn’t love watermelon? And Monin brings you a pure all-natural watermelon flavor with Monin Classic Watermelon Syrup.
Just make sure you’re buying the classic version because Monin sells standard and concentrated versions as well.
If you can’t find Classic Watermelon Syrup, you can use the standard version, but be aware it contains some artificial flavoring.
Unfortunately, you will want to stay away from the sugar-free concentrate because its lack of sweetener won’t help balance the acidity of the sour mix.
What Am I Going to Do with All that Watermelon Syrup?
Make more Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita, of course. Or, you could try one of these other non-alcoholic drinks:
- Watermelon Lemonade In a pitcher, mix five cups of cold water, 2 cups of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, with a 3/4 cup of sugar, and two ounces of Monin Classic Watermelon Syrup. Serve ice and with a watermelon slice as a garnish.
- Watermelon Soda Pour an ounce of Classic Watermelon Syrup into a highball glass and top with 7 ounces of seltzer.
- Watermelon Shrub Pour an ounce of Classic Watermelon Syrup and half an ounce of apple cider vinegar into a glass. Stir to combine. Top with seltzer. Serve with a watermelon slice as a garnish.
Tips for Making an Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita
- Prepare a Watermelon Margarita Mix. If you plan to make multiple Watermelon Margaritas, cut down on the amount of time it takes to make each cocktail by premixing the sour mix and the Classic Watermelon Syrup.
- Make it a Frozen Watermelon Margarita party. In a blender, combine 8 ounces of sour mix, 4 ounces of Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, 3 ounces of Classical Watermelon Syrup, and 2 cups of ice. Blend until slush and serve immediately in margarita glasses garnished with watermelon slices.
Check out more of our fabulous cocktails on YouTube!
Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Sour Mix
- Monin Watermelon Syrup
- Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila
- Watermelon slice, optional garnish
How to Make Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita
- Put enough salt on a plate to be about ¼-inch deep.
- Rub a watermelon slice on the rim of a margarita glass or dip the glass in water.
- Dip the wet rim of the margarita glass in the salt.
- Place the sour mix in a blender (for frozen) or glass (for on the rocks).
- Add watermelon syrup.
- Add tequila.
- If frozen, add ice into the blender and puree.
- If on the rocks, stir to combine.
- If on the rocks, fill the salt-rimmed margarita glass with ice.
- Pour the drink into the salt-rimmed margarita glass.
- Garnish with a small slice of watermelon if desired.
Love Olive Garden? Try these copycat recipes!
- Asiago Tortelloni
- Fried Mozzarella
- Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo
- Olive Garden Lasagna
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi
- Steak Alfredo
- Watermelon Sangria
- Rum Punch
More Margarita Recipes
Olive Garden Watermelon Margarita
- watermelon slices
- 2 ounces sour mix
- 3/4 ounce Monin Watermelon Syrup
- 1 ounce Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila
- To create a salt rim, pour salt onto a plate until it reaches a depth of 1/4 inch. Rub a watermelon slice on the rim of a margarita glass or dip the glass in water. Dip the wet rim of the margarita glass in the salt.
- Prepare the margarita either as a frozen cocktail or on the rocks. For a frozen margarita, place the sour mix, watermelon syrup, tequila, and 1 cup of ice into a blender and puree. For a margarita on the rocks, fill the salt-rimmed margarita glass with ice. In a separate glass, stir together the sour mix, watermelon syrup, and tequila.
- Pour the mixture into the salt-rimmed margarita glass and garnish with a watermelon slice.