The Red Lobster has done it again! They have come up with a cocktail for us non-serious cocktail drinkers. You might ask, is there Mountain Dew in here? Yes! But there more, much more in this flavorful margarita.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I know what you must be thinking, why would anyone put Mountain Dew into a classic cocktail. If you like strawberry margaritas or other fun-flavors, this margarita will be your jam.
What is in the Red Lobster Dew Garita?
Inquiring minds want to know. This is actually a take on a melon margarita, the green color you see comes mostly from Midiori, a melon liquor. This also contains tequila, triple sec, lime juice, Midori, sour mix, and a splash of Mountain Dew.
What makes the Red Lobster Dew Garita taste so good?
I personally love classic cocktails, heck I even went to the Tales of the Cocktail festival. Some may scoff at this drink, but it is very well balanced. I like this margarita more than some of the other ones you can get at Red Lobster. It is fruity, it has some tartness with the limes and sour mix, but it isn’t too sweet. If you like classic pool drinks you will enjoy this one.
Oh, they also rim the glass with a fun sparkly candy, they paid attention to the details!
What will you need to make the Dew Rita?
You are likely to need to make one splurge, if you do not already have Midori, it is critical to drink. Can you make this drink without Midori? No.
- Tequila – honestly any will do, we are mixing with so many other things, save the expensive stuff for sipping.
- Sour mix
- Triple Sec – this works with Cointreau as well.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mountain Dew
- Cocktail Sugar to rim the glass with
How to make the Red Lobster Dew Garita
New to cocktails? No problem. This is easy.
Grab a margarita glass, rub a cut lime over the edge, and rim the glass with some cocktail sugar.
Grab a shaker, and pour in the tequila, Midori, Sour mix, lime juice, and fill it with ice. Shake for about 30 seconds, and pour this over ice in a margarita class, then add an once or two of Mountain Dew, and stir with a straw.
Can’t get enough of the copycat Red Lobster recipes? Try some of these!
- Bacon-wrapped scallops like Red Lobster
- Coconut shrimp dipping sauce like Red Lobster
- Red Lobster Parrot Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
- Clam chowder recipe like Red Lobster
- Red Lobster tartar sauce recipe
- Red Lobster shrimp linguine recipe
- Crab linguini Alfredo like Red Lobster
- Seafood nachos like Red Lobster
- Shrimp scampi Red Lobster recipe
- Lobster pizza Red Lobster
Get more popular restaurant cocktails like these!
- Disney Epcot Dole Whip with Rum Float
- Hotel Monteleone Fleur de Lis cocktail
- Red Robin drinks like the Screaming Red Zombie
Red Lobster Dew Garita
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces Midori
- 2 ounces Sour mix
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce Triple sec
- 1 ounce Mountain Dew
- Cocktail shaker
- Cut lime, and use lime to rim the glass.
- Dip glass into cocktail sugar.
- Fill shaker with Tequila, Midori, Sour mix, lime juice, Triple sec, and Mountain Dew.
- Add a cup of ice.
- Use a strainer, and pour over ice in a margarita glass.