Red Robin Screaming Red Zombie drink may be strong enough to revive the dead, but it is also a great way to cool off on a hot day.
Fruity Rum Cocktail
So they say that the Red Robin Screaming Red Zombie may be able to revive the dead. It is a refreshing drink made with light rum, orange juice, grenadine, dark rum, and sweet and sour. This is the perfect drink to make for a party or a large gathering.
Screaming Red Zombie Drink Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Light Rum
- Myer’s Dark Rum
- Bacardi Select Rum
In the restaurant, they use specific brands of alcohol. For this drink, Red Robin uses Bacardi rum and Meyers dark rum.
You could use other brands since we are mixing so many other ingredients.
You could easily save a few dollars by using another brand and your drink won’t be adversely impacted by using another brand of alcohol.
I do think you should use good quality orange juice. I like to use fresh never from concentrate. If you are lucky, some grocery stores sell fresh-squeezed orange juice and this can make this drink even better!
How to Make a Screaming Red Zombie Drink
- Stir together the lemon juice and sugar in a 2-cup measuring cup until the sugar dissolves.
- Add orange juice and light rum and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass filled half-way with ice.
- Float the last three ingredients in order by slowly pouring each one over the back of a spoon.
If you think it is too strong, you can cut the ratio of alcohol by simply adding more orange juice.
If you don’t drink alcohol, you can simply omit the liquor and make it with just orange juice, grenadine, and sweet and sour mix. So this cocktail can be made family-friendly for everyone.
You may want to make a pitcher of these for your friends or family when they come over. Just increase the number of servings on the recipe card below and it will automatically calculate the ingredient quantities.
Great Summer and Halloween Cocktail
This refreshing drink is perfect for a hot day! It’s also a fun cocktail to make for Halloween.
More Red Robin Copycat Recipes
Popular Cocktail Recipes
- B52 Shot
- Blue Hawaiian
- Bloody Mary Mix
- Fuzzy Navel
- Italian Margarita
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Mai Tai Recipe
- Watermelon Margarita
- White Russian
Red Robin Screaming Red Zombie
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1/2 ounce Myer’s dark rum
- 1/2 ounce Bacardi Select rum
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup and mix well.
- Add orange juice and light rum. Stir well.
- Fill a 16-ounce glass half full of ice.
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
- Using a spoon, float the last three ingredients in order. This means you will slowly pour each liquid over the back of a spoon so that it doesn’t mix into the drink too much.