The Boston Market Squash Casserole is delicious, now you can recreate their famous squash casserole at home.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Casserole
Are you looking for a good side dish? If you love squash, this may be the perfect recipe for you. This delicious casserole has both zucchini and yellow summer squash.
This copycat recipe for Boston Market Squash Casserole makes several servings so this is perfect for a large gathering. It’s great for Thanksgiving.
Boston Market Squash Casserole Recipe Ingredients
This Boston Market menu item is made with basic ingredients you can buy at the grocery store. Here’s a list of what you need:
- Jiffy corn muffins mix
- Yellow Squash
- Yellow onion
- Deli American cheese
- Chicken bouillon cubes
- Ground black pepper
How to Make Boston Market Squash Casserole
- Prepare Jiffy Mix corn muffins according to the package instructions and cool the muffins completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large saucepan and enough water to cover them.
- Cook the squash on medium-low heat until tender.
- Remove the squash from the heat, drain, and reserve one cup of the cooking water for the casserole.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and sauté them until they turn clear.
- While sautéing, add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley.
- Add the bouillon cubes and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add drained squash and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Crumble cornbread into the pan.
- Add the reserved cup of water to the pan and mix well.
- Spread the squash mixture in a greased 13 x11-inch baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the cover in the last 20 minutes of baking time.
You can make this casserole ahead of time. Cook this casserole fully and then allow it to cool completely. You can store it in the refrigerator and reheat it when you need to serve this dish.
Love Boston Market? Make these copycat recipes!
- Boston Market Cornbread
- Boston Market Creamed Spinach
- Boston Market Garlic Dill New Potatoes
- Boston Market Mac and Cheese
- Boston Market Meatloaf
- Boston Market Sweet Potato Casserole
Favorite Casserole Side Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Casserole
- Baked Potato Casserole
- Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Creamed Corn Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Boston Market Squash Casserole
- 1 Box Jiffy corn muffin mix prepare as directed on the box
- 4 1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 4 1/2 cups diced yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces American cheese diced
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Prepare Jiffy Mix corn muffins according to the package instructions. Cool the cornbread completely before making the casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover.
- Cook on medium-low heat just until tender.
- Remove the squash from the heat.
- Drain squash, reserving one cup of the cooking water for the casserole.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and sauté the onions until the onions turn clear.
- While sautéing the onions, add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley.
- Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to the onions. Stir to combine.
- Add drained squash and diced cheese. Stir to combine.
- Crumble cornbread into the squash mixture.
- Pour the reserved cup of water in the pan and mix well.
- Place the squash mixture in a 13 x11-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove cover in the last 20 minutes of baking time.