The Boston Market Squash Casserole is delicious, now you can recreate their famous squash casserole at home.
Are you looking for a good side dish? If you love squash, this may be the perfect recipe for you.
This Boston Market menu item is made with basic ingredients you can buy at the grocery store. This casserole is made with yellow summer squash, zucchini, cornbread mix, onions, and more.
This copycat recipe for Boston Market Squash Casserole makes several servings so this is perfect for a large gathering. It’s great for Thanksgiving.
You can make this casserole ahead of time. Cook this casserole fully and then allow it to cool completely. You can store it in the refrigerator and reheat when you need to serve this dish.
Love Boston Market? Here are more copycat recipes:
Boston Market Squash Casserole
- 1 Box Jiffy corn muffin mix prepare as directed on the box
- 4 1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 4 1/2 cups diced yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces American cheese diced
- 3 cubes chicken boullion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Prepare Jiffy Mix as directed, set aside to cool.
- Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover. Cook on medium-low heat just until tender, remove from heat. Drain squash, reserve one cup of water for a casserole.
- On medium-low temperature place all of the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onions until the onions turn clear, add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley. Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions, stir. Add drained squash and diced cheese, stir. Crumble cornbread in squash and pour the reserved cup of water and mix well.
- Place squash mixture in a 13"x11" baking pan that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray. Cover casserole and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Remove cover the last 20 minutes of baking time. We found that this casserole is a great replacement for stuffing or potatoes.