Dickey’s Barbecue Pit makes not only delicious barbecue, but they also make some of the best side dishes to go with their barbecue. Dickey’s Baked Potato Casserole is a side dish that you are going to love.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dickey’s Barbecue has been around since the 1940s. They spend hours smoking their meat, if you have never tried dining there, I would highly recommend stopping and having some of their barbecue.
While they care so much about their barbecue they also give just as much attention to their side dishes. One of my favorites is Dickey’s Barbecue Baked Potato Casserole. This casserole has everything you love in a loaded baked potato.
What makes this baked potato casserole amazing is that you can make it ahead of time and reheat it for dinner. If you are looking for a side dish to bring to a party, or a potluck this one is good because there are so many add-ins that the potatoes are flavorful and they won’t be dry.
While the restaurant serves this in individual dishes, you can make it in a 2-quart baking dish.
Dickey’s Potato Casserole Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Russet potatoes
- Sour cream
- Ground black pepper
- Real bacon bits
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Green onion
How to Make Baked Potato Casserole
- Scrub the potatoes clean and bake them at 425 degrees for 1 hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, scoop out the white flesh and place it in a bowl. Discard skins.
- Using an electric mixer, mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Add butter, sour cream, and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add salt and pepper and bacon bits. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle bacon bits, shredded cheese, and green onion on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
Great Potato Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Cheesy Hashbrowns
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- Greek Roasted Potatoes
- Lipton Roasted Potatoes
- Pan Fried Potatoes
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Favorite Casserole Side Dish Recipes
- Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Asparagus Casserole
- Hasbrown Casserole Cracker Barrel
- Boston Market Sweet Potato Casserole
Check out more of my potato side dish recipes and the best casserole recipes here on CopyKat!
Dickeys Baked Potato Casserole
- 4 large russet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup real bacon bits
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onion tops
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and bake for 1 hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, scoop out the white flesh and place in a bowl. Discard skins.
- Using an electric mixer, mash the potatoes until smooth
- Add butter, sour cream, and milk. Mix to combine.
- Add salt, pepper, and about 1 tablespoon of the bacon bits. Mix or stir to combine.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the mixture evenly in the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining bacon bits, shredded cheese, and green onion tops over the potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
Made 4 batches for a party and they were gobbled up and the hit of the party.
That is awesome! I love it when people clean up the leftovers.
Can Dickey’s potato casserole be frozen?
I think so.
wow! This looks really good. @Anna Preheating temperature is different from the baking temperature. The preheat temperature is the temperature you want your oven to attain before placing your baked food while the baking temperature is the temperature you adjust your oven to after placing the food in the oven.
Should this be baked at 425 or 350? Beginning of recipe says to preheat oven to 425 & end says bake at 350.
Bake potatoes at 425 then reduce heat to warm casserole at 350°
How about the ingredients to make a pumpkin pie spice in a one time mix. As not to have 8-10 different spices in front of you when you want a pie?
Love ll your efforts with CopyKat.
Another request—Sweet onion sauce from Subway.
Glad I found your site—I just bought an Instant pot and want to expand my recipes for usage. I like the Thai Curry one you had just posted. How do you make the mac and cheese in the pot? Have an awesome day!
Instant Pots are awesome, I hope you enjoy yours. Here is my link to the Macaroni and Cheese I have made it in my Instant Pot. https://copykat.com/instant-pot-macaroni-and-cheese/
I would love to be able to duplicate the baked beans from Bandanas BBQ in St. Louis, MO. It is wonderful!!
question : so , after mixing all the ingredients together and putting the mixture into a two quart casserole dish then there is no further baking required ?
You need to place it back in the oven for about 15 minutes for the cheese to melt.