Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes is a side dish that will practically cook itself and when you serve these, the pan will come back to the kitchen clean. These potatoes are a favorite of my family.
Table of Contents
Oven Roasted Potatoes
Has to be one of those perfect side dishes. These potatoes are easy to make, these potatoes are seasoned perfectly, if you happen to have any leftover, they make the best leftover hash browned potatoes.
How to Roast Potatoes
You might be surprised at how easy it is to roast potatoes. This recipe uses Russet potatoes. So grab a few of them, give them a good wash, and then you will want to cut the potatoes into uniform cubes.
The real secret to cooking perfectly roasted potatoes is to cut all of the potatoes in a uniform size. When you cut all of the potatoes in one size, they will cook uniformly.
What Temperature to Roast Potatoes
You might be surprised the temperature range of roasting potatoes is a bit narrow. Anything below 350 degrees the insides of the potatoes dry out completely long before the outsides brown.
Cooking potatoes above 450 means the outsides can cook and burn leaving you with insides that aren’t quite done. Ideally, I like to roast potatoes between 375 to 425 degrees.
What’s the difference between baked and roasted potatoes
The main difference between these two recipes is baked potatoes require no additional fat to cook the potatoes. When you roast potatoes you will use a fat like olive oil, lard, or seasoned oil to cook the potatoes.
- Two pounds potatoes (Russet potatoes are preferred)
- 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Chopped onion (optional)
- Chopped red bell pepper (optional)
How to make easy oven-roasted potatoes
- Preheat oven
- Wash and pat potatoes dry, chopped onions and bell pepper if desired
- Place chopped potatoes, and other vegetables in a gallon zip top bag
- Add vegetable oil to the bag, and shake the bag a bit to coat the vegetables in the bag
- Sprinkle on the onion soup mix
- Spread the coated potatoes and vegetables in a baking pan
- Cook, and enjoy!
More Potato Side Dish Recipes
- Red Potatoes Recipes – Roasted
- Ponderosa Twice Baked Potatoes
- Roasted New Potatoes
- Shakey’s Pizza Mojos
- Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Peruvian Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Champ Potato Recipe
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Potato Pancake Recipe
Recipes with Lipton Onion Soup
- Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf with Brown Gravy
- Baked Rice with French Onion Soup
- French Onion Rice Instant Pot
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes – any kind will do
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 cup of oil, you can use olive, or even plain vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped – optional
- 1 medium sized onion chopped – optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cube potatoes into small bite sized pieces
- Place potatoes into a gallon sized ziplock bag
- Pour oil over potatoes, mix well
- Add in optional ingredients if you like. Sprinkle in dry onion soup mix, and shake the back so the soup mix coats the potatoes
- Place potatoes into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes