Roasted new potatoes is a great recipe for a dinner party or a crowd. Once the potatoes are in the oven, there is nothing to do. It is so simple, yet they are truly delicious!!!
New potatoes are the perfect side dish to make in the oven. It takes just about 30 minutes to roast these potatoes. You can have a side dish in no time at all.
You can make this recipe with any small potato. I love this recipe with red potatoes. Yukon and fingerling potatoes are also wonderful.
How to roast small potatoes
First, wash the potatoes, and then scrub them well. Depending upon the size of the potatoes you can cut them in half, or quarter the potatoes.
Turn on your oven, I like to roast potatoes at about 400 degrees.
Then grab a baking sheet and place the cut potatoes onto the sheet.
Drizzle olive oil or vegetable oil onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle on salt and pepper or other spices you enjoy. Toss the potatoes to coat them with oil and seasonings.
To make the roasted new potatoes, bake them for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are browned.
If you need your potatoes done in a jiffy, be sure to cut them in smaller pieces. The smaller the pieces, the more quickly they will cook.
Tips for buying and storing new potatoes
- New potatoes are young waxy potatoes, you should be able to scrape off the skin of the potato with your thumb
- New potatoes can be stored at room temperature, but they do not last as long as standard sizes of potatoes
- If you store new potatoes in the refrigerator they will begin to break down into starch and they will become sweet.
Do you love potatoes? Check out some of my favorite potato recipes
- Easy Oven Baked Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Parsley Potatoes
- Ponderosa Steakhouse Twice Baked Potatoes
- The Best Jojo Potato Wedges Ever
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Roasted New Potatoes
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- You can use as many potatoes as desired, if they are small I generally have at least 3 per person. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Wash potatoes, pierce and place in a long oblong dish (I like glass the best but you can use aluminum).
- Coat potatoes with a good quality olive oil and turn potatoes to distribute, make sure there is some excess in the bottom of the pan also. Spread kosher salt over all and roast potatoes, turning occasionally for 30 to 45 minutes.