Roasted sweet potatoes with candied pecans is a nice lighter version of the sweet potato casserole generations serve up every year for Thanksgiving.
Every year around the holidays we all turn to our favorite recipes. I don’t know about you, but I can’t do a holiday season without some broccoli rice casserole, sweet potatoes, pecan pie, pecan Sandies, and some pumpkin pie. Sometimes I want to change up a classic dish just slightly. These roasted sweet potatoes are a lighter version of the sweet potato casserole we all love.
This dish is stripped down to the essentials, sweet potatoes, a touch of honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. One of my favorite parts of this dish has always been the toasted pecans on the top of the casserole. When we roast the sweet potatoes in the oven with honey and cinnamon, you will get a very familiar flavor of the casserole. I have candied the pecans with cinnamon and sugar. So now when you take a bite you can get the wonderful flavor of candied sweet potatoes with far fewer calories.
It is important to place the crunchy cinnamon and sugar pecans on top of the dish just before serving. You can add as many as you like.
Fisher Nuts Today. #AD” width=”735″ height=”488″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-19706″ />
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher nuts. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love sweet potatoes? Try these sweet potato recipes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white beaten fluffy
- 10 ounces pecan halves
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. To prepare candied nuts to combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon, and salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Beat one egg white until light and fluffy. Pour pecan halves into the egg white. Stir to coat the pecans with the egg white. Pour in the sugar mixture. Stir until the pecans are coated with sugar. Spread pecans out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the pecans for about 1 hour. If you are not going to use the pecans right away, allow them to cool and store them in an airtight container. Pre
- heat oven to 375 degrees. Place cut potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes, make sure the potatoes are coated with olive oil. Add salt and cinnamon, mix thoroughly. Drizzle honey over the top of the sweet potatoes. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sweet and bake for approximately 30 minutes. The potatoes will be fork tender when done. To serve place potatoes in a serving dish, add a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired and garnish with candied pecans.