Crockpot cheesy potatoes with bacon is a wonderful side dish that you can make in your slow cooker. I got the inspiration for this recipe from Moms with Crock Pots website.
I never thought you could make potatoes in a crockpot. So, when I saw a pin on Pinterest for a side dish of cheesy crockpot potatoes, I knew I had to make this recipe.
Potatoes, cheese, bacon, onions, and garlic give you a classic taste. What I like about this recipe, apart from its deliciousness, is that it is very easy to make. Depending on your schedule, you can choose a crockpot cooking time of about 4 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high, or 6 to 8 hours on low. I also suggest that you put on half of the cheese during the cooking, and then, once the potatoes are done, turn off the heat, add the remaining cheese, and top with green onions.
- To make crockpot cheesy hashbrowns, swap out the fresh potatoes for frozen hashbrowns. Using frozen hashbrowns makes this cheesy potato recipe even easier to make.
- You can make this in the oven if you want. Cook for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- A reader suggested adding a cup of mayonnaise.
- If you use fresh chives or fresh garlic chives, you would need to add them close to the end of cooking time; otherwise, they will turn into mush.
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
If you’ve never made potatoes in a crockpot before, you’ll be delighted with how good these cheesy crockpot potatoes taste!
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
How to Make Cheesy Crockpot Potatoes
- Line a 6-quart Crockpot with foil.
- Slice potatoes in half horizontally and then vertically.
- Cut quartered potatoes into approximately 1/4-inch slices.
- Line the bottom of the foil-lined Crockpot with a layer of potatoes, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped bacon, cheese, and dot with butter.
- Cook potatoes on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, top with cheese and sliced green onions.
I reduced the cooking time from 10 hours on low to 4-5 hours on high.
I also suggest that you put on half of the cheese during the cooking. Then once the potatoes are done, turn off the heat add the remaining cheese, and top with green onions.
Love potatoes? Try these recipes!
- Red Potato Recipe
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins
- How to Cook Purple Potatoes
- Lipton Onion Potatoes
- Hot German Potato Salad
- Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
- Parsley Potatoes
- Greek Style Potatoes
- Lyonnaise Potatoes
Favorite Crockpot Slow Cooker Recipes
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon chopped
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Line a 6-quart crock-pot with foil (this will help keep your crock-pot clean). Slice potatoes in half horizontally, and then vertically. Sliced quartered potatoes into approximately 1/4 inch slices.
- Line the bottom of the foil line crock-pot with a layer of potatoes, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the layer of potatoes and onions.
- Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions season with salt and pepper. Add chopped bacon (you do not need to cook the bacon before adding to the crock-pot), add 1 cup of cheese, and dot with 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Cook potatoes on high for 4 – 5 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When the cooking time is done, top with remaining 1 cup of cheese, and sliced green onions.