Have you ever tried a Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie? A wonderful caramel crunchy topping compliments every bite of this fall-favorite pumpkin pie.
Want to upgrade your pumpkin pie? Try making one with a delicious crispy and buttery topping. It’s so easy to make this Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie!
You don’t need to go to Costco and grab one of their famous pies, you don’t need to run out to the local bakery, or even pick up a pie at the grocery store. You can make a delicious homemade pie. I promise if you can measure, stir, and set a timer, you will be on your way to a delicious dessert.
Streusel Topping is perfect for Pumpkin Pie
Did you know it is very easy to make a streusel topping? This topping is made with cinnamon, butter, brown sugar, flour, and walnuts. A buttery topping is a perfect addition to an ordinary pumpkin pie. The streusel topping for pumpkin pie is the perfect addition, the cinnamon, the brown sugar, and the walnuts complement your pie so well.
How to Make a Streusel Topping
If you have never made a streusel topping, they are very easy to make. You simply combine cold butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour together. Once this is mixed well, you only need to add in some chopped walnuts, you could use pecans if you have them on hand, and stir that into the topping. Simply sprinkle on your pie, and soon this will bake into a caramel crunchy good topping you won’t want to miss!
Pumpkin Pie is Easy to Make!
If you have never baked a pie before you will find this pie is very easy to make. You can start with a store-bought crust, I personally think the refrigerated ones taste better than the frozen ones. You will simply mix up the pie ingredients, pop it into a hot oven for 15 minutes, add the streusel topping, reduce the temperature of the oven, and in no time at all you will have a delicious homemade pie.
Can’t get enough pumpkin pie? Try some of these pumpkin pie recipes
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter cold
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Directions
- Preheat to 425 degrees.
- Pumpkin Pie In bowl mix pumpkin, condensed milk, spices, egg, and salt. Blend well and pour into the pie shell. Bake at 425 in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. While pie is baking mix streusel topping.
Streusel Topping Instructions
- Streusel Topping In small bowl with a pastry cutter blend flour, butter, add brown sugar and cinnamon, blend all until it resembles cornmeal. Add nuts and mix well. When pie has baked at 425 for 15 minutes, take out of the oven and sprinkle streusel on top, covering pumpkin top completely.
- Turn oven down to 350 and place pie back in the oven and bake for 35 - 40 minutes longer until pie is done.
- The pie will be done when you can insert a knife in the middle of the pie and it comes out fairly clean. Pie may be served warm or chilled. A serving of whipped topping makes a nice touch. Store pie in the refrigerator if there are any leftovers. This pumpkin pie does not have to be served only during the Holidays.
- Be sure to refrigerate your pumpkin pie if it isn't consumed in one sitting.
- You may want to top your pie with whipped cream.