This is a fancier version of your normal pumpkin pie.
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter cold
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie In bowl mix pumpkin, condensed milk, spices, egg, and salt. Blend well and pour into the pie shell. Bake at 425 in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. While pie is baking mix streusel topping.
- Streusel Topping In small bowl with a pastry cutter blend flour, butter, add brown sugar and cinnamon, blend all until it resembles cornmeal. Add nuts and mix well. When pie has baked at 425 for 15 minutes, take out of the oven and sprinkle streusel on top, covering pumpkin top completely.
- Turn oven down to 350 and place pie back in the oven and bake for 35 - 40 minutes longer until pie is done. The pie will be done when you can insert a knife in the middle of the pie and it comes out fairly clean. Pie may be served warm or chilled. A serving of whipped topping makes a nice touch. Store pie in the refrigerator if there are any leftovers. This pumpkin pie does not have to be served only during the Holidays.