Veggie Patch Pizza, also known as Crescent Roll Vegetarian Pizza is a great appetizer for everyone. Fresh veggies, a creamy Ranch Dressing, and flakey crescent roll pastry is a great appetizer that’s perfect for a party.
Vegetable Ranch Cream Cheese Pizza
This vegetarian cold pizza is a fresh take on pizza. A baked crescent dough crust topped with a tasty cream cheese/Ranch mix and topped with crunchy garden veggies.
This pizza is perfect for vegetarians or anyone wanting a tasty party appetizer. It’s the perfect take-along to tailgate parties or pot-lucks, or wherever there’s a hungry crowd.
This recipe is better known as Pillsbury Veggie Pizza or Easy Crescent Veggie Pizza and is one of Pillsbury’s crescent roll appetizers.
This is a cold veggie pizza recipe for veggie lovers. This recipe features broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, squash, tomatoes, and zucchini. However, you can use any veggies you like.
Just think about which raw vegetables you like to eat with a Ranch dip and feel free to use your favorites to make this recipe your own.
It’s also a great way to use up small amounts of veggies that you’ve been wondering what to do with.
This is an appetizer made from Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. An oldie, but goody, this vegetarian appetizer can easily be made a day in advance and tastes even better after it chills in the fridge.
How to Make Veggie Pizza
Start with fresh ingredients. You can use the vegetables suggested in this recipe, or you can choose what you have on hand.
- Spread out the crescent rolls on a baking sheet.
- Bake the crust until browned.
- While the crescent rolls bake, chop of the veggies, and make the Ranch spread.
- Then spread the ranch spread over the baked crescent roll crust.
- Top with veggies and serve this delicious perfect party appetizer.
Helpful Tips for Making This Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Use fresh crescent dough. You probably don’t always take the time to check the code dates when you’re grocery shopping. However, the refrigerated crescent dough can get a little gooey if it’s close to the expiration date.
- Don’t take the dough out of the refrigerator until it’s time to roll it out. If you leave it sitting on the counter for too long, it will be harder to handle.
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge ahead of time and let it soften. This will make it easier to work with.
- Use your food processor to chop the veggies. Pulsing them a few seconds at a time will give you nicely chopped pieces. Be careful not to pulverize them.
- Gently press the toppings into the cream cheese using a piece of plastic wrap.
- Cut into squares and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut immediately, even if you’re not serving this up right away. If you delay the cutting for too long, the cream cheese layer will tend to lift off the dough.
Love this crescent roll pizza?
And, here are more copycat veggie appetizers for you:
And, do drop me a line and tell me what your favorite veggie appetizers are.
Favorite Party Appetizer Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Buffalo Chicken Rolls
- Buffalo Meatballs
- Cheese Fondue
- How to Make Lemon Pepper Wings
- Pillsbury Taco Ring
- Rotel Hamburger Dip
- Texas Fries
- TGIF Potato Skins
Crescent Roll Veggie Patch Pizza
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, or about 2 tablespoons of dry mix
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 large carrot chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Roll out crescent rolls on cookie sheet. Simply unroll the dough, do not separate it out into triangles. Press indentations out flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cooked crescent roll crust to chill before proceeding.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, dry ranch dressing mix, and dehydrated onion.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over cooled crescent roll crust.
- Top with chopped vegetables, sprinkling the veggies evenly over the pizza.
- Cut the pizza, even if you aren’t going to serve it immediately. If you wait on cutting this for too long, the cream cheese layer will lift off the dough.