It’s time to break out that fondue pot that has been sitting in your cupboard. You can try the CopyKat version of The Melting Pot’s Cheddar Cheese Fondue. The Melting Pot is a favorite place to enjoy dinner—a dark room, a nice bottle of wine, melted cheese, and hopefully, you are with someone special. If you have never been to The Melting Pot, imagine a three-course meal with fondue for each course! Imagine cheese basking over your favorite bread, crisp green apples, and more.
What makes this Cheddar cheese fondue so memorable? Sometimes enjoying dinner is especially fun when you get to use your hands. You must eat this dish in one sitting as it doesn’t reheat well, nor does it do well if you make it in advance to eat later. So this is the fun type of dish you want to make on the spot.
Cheddar Cheese Fondue is the Best Tasting Fondue!
This Melting Pot Cheddar cheese fondue is made with medium-aged cheddar and Emmentaler Swiss cheeses, lager beer, and garlic. You can serve it with lots of bread; I recommend pumpernickel, wheat, or sourdough. I also love this with green apples. You can be creative with this dish, so serve it with bread or vegetables that you enjoy.
If you do not wish to make this with beer, I cannot give you a suggestion for the beer other than a product like O’Doul’s or a near-beer with less than 3.2 percent alcohol. The beer flavor adds a lot to this dish. Please do not serve this dish to people who do not drink alcohol. Alcohol doesn’t fully cook out of the food.
If you enjoyed this Fondue recipe, check out my recipe for Melting Pot Chocolate Fondue.
While you don’t have to have a fondue pot to make this dish, a fondue pot is a prominent centerpiece for your table. And using an electric fondue pot is a breeze.
Making Melting Pot Cheddar Cheese Fondue
So enjoy one of my favorite romantic meals to share with someone.
While you don’t need this fondue pot to make fondue, making fondue with an electric fondue pot is a breeze.
Cuisinart CFO-3SS Electric Fondue Maker
Don’t miss out on this book by the Melting Pot restaurant, they serve up many of their special dishes in their book.
Dip Into Something Different: A Collection of Recipes from Our Fondue Pot to Yours
Melting Pot Copycat Recipes
Melting Pot Cheddar Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1/2 cup Coors Light beer
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces medium-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces Emmentaler Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- If you are using an electric fondue pot, turn it on to medium; otherwise, use a double boiler to heat up this mixture. Place beer, garlic, dry mustard, and Worcestershire in the pot and combine well. Shred or cube the cheeses and toss with flour, coating the cheese well. (The flour will help thicken the sauce.)
- When the beer mixture is warm, add one-third of the cheese and whisk very well. Once the cheese has been incorporated well, add half of the remaining cheese and whisk in very well. Add the remaining cheese and whisk until nice and smooth.