Shrimp doesn’t get any better than when you combine a better batter with fresh shrimp. Cooking beer battered fried shrimp can be done in less than 30 minutes!
Frying shrimp takes no time at all to do. This beer battered shrimp is super delicious and easy to make.
What type of beer should you use for beer batter?
Use a beer that is light in flavor. Beers like a pilsner are great to mix into your batter. Brands that everyone knows would be Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Light, are all great beers to use to make beer battered fried shrimp.
Run out of shrimp? Slice up some onion rings or cook up some mushrooms with the leftover batter!
Want other ways to prepare shrimp? Try these easy shrimp recipes
- Taste of Texas Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- Joes Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp
- Grand Central Oyster Bar Beer Battered Shrimp
- Shells Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Olive Garden Baked Parmesan Shrimp
Beer Battered Fried Shrimp
- 2 pounds Shrimp shelled
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- Prepare raw fresh shrimp, peel the shrimp and devein if desired. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, and lay shrimp out in one layer on a plate.
- Preheat vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Pour beer into a mixing bowl. Sift dry ingredients into the beer, and beat with a wire whisk until frothy. While using, whisk lightly from time to time.
- Gently dip shrimp into the batter, and deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until batter is golden and the shrimp float in the oil.